The Earth is running out of good water; too much water is wasted globally and daily through the water-guzzling toilets that use over 3 gallons of water per flush. That much water translates to several millions of gallons wasted annually all over the world. And of course, if you have a non-water saving toilet, you will suffer from high water bills, too.
More than just a toilet manufacturer, Niagara Corporation is better known as a company that makes water conservation a high priority. “We didn’t set out to sell toilets. We wanted to save the Earth. Now we do both!” their website says. And indeed, from showerheads and aerators, to what they make best, toilets, saving water is the name of their game.
Niagara’s focus on producing bathroom fixtures that conserve water is shown in their high-quality products that not only uses a minimal amount of water per flush but is quiet and very efficient at flushing, too.
If you’re looking for a high-efficiency toilet that looks great and comfortable to use, take a look at our Niagara Stealth toilet review.
Key Features of the Niagara Stealth Toilet
Material and Design
The toilet is a standard two-piece toilet with a 17-inch bowl height, making it suitable for most adults. Made of durable vitreous china, the toilet is easy to clean both on the inside and outside because of its full ceramic glazing that prevents waste material from sticking to the surface. The toilet is ADA (American with Disabilities Act)-compliant, too, which means it can also be used comfortably by the elderly and the handicapped.
The toilet has a large water surface area of about 8×6 inches. Although other conventional toilets have a greater surface area, this one works to get rid of any unpleasant odor while preventing smear.
One thing the company is proud of is the flushing technology of this toilet. Unlike most residential toilets that use the gravity-fed method, this toilet uses pressure-assisted flush. It is a powerful flushing system that is very efficient. It is due to an additional air channel between its cistern and waste pipe; the air channel exerts pressure which causes the waste pipe to act as a siphon. It then pulls waste with great force while aiding in the tank refilling.
Unlike other pressure-assisted toilets, though, the Stealth toilet is very quiet. Niagara has developed a technology that reduces the noise of flushing drastically. It is a dual flush, too. You can deliver half a flush when you need to flush only liquid waste. The trapway of the toilet is fully glazed as well to enhance the flushing efficacy.
The Niagara toilet is definitely one of the best water-saving toilets on the market. It only uses 0.8 gallons of water (GPF) for a full flush and 0.5 GPF for a half flush. This is the lowest it can get for any flush toilet. In fact, of all water-saving toilets, Niagara is the only ultra-high-efficiency toilet (UHET) existing today.
Needless to say, this toilet is the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) WaterSense certified.
The Niagara Stealth would look good in any bathroom. It is durable, easy to clean, and has a glazed trapway that prevents clogging. It has a hard-plastic plate backing that helps to distribute the water pressure evenly. This is better than the use of standard flappers. Water leakage is unheard of with this item.
Of all the toilets on the market, it uses the least amount of water per flush. Despite the low water consumption, though, all you need is one flush when using this toilet as it uses a pressure-assisted flushing method that’s powerful and fast.
Things We Like
Since the Niagara toilet has unmatched water-saving technique, owning one is a sure way to reduce your bills. Here are some more things we like about this toilet.
- The Stealth toilet saves up to 77% water compared to other toilets. It uses only 0.8 GPF and still leaves your bowl clean after every use.
- The toilet has a powerful flush technology. It uses the siphon system to deliver a powerful flush with less water. The toilet rates highly when it comes to performance and efficiency.
- Niagara toilet uses no flappers which reduce the maintenance costs that often result from leakage. It has a glazed trapway as well that prevents clogging.
- Aside from its water conservation method, it has a very quiet flush. Its tank does its work quietly and so does its bowl.
- It’s easy to install and replace the parts.
- It is EPA WaterSense certified, making you eligible for rebates.
Things We Do Not Like
Based on this Niagara Stealth toilet review, you might think this toilet is perfect. It is not. The following are the things we don’t like about it.
- Its height is reasonably high and suitable for adults but it’s not easy for children to hop over and use it.
- The toilet may not work well when your trapway is clogged. Unclogging it is tricky because of its snake-like bend. You may use a dual weir for a pressurized trapway which makes it easy to unclog.
- The toilet doesn’t come with bolts for the toilet attachment to the floor. This makes it your work to go back and forth looking for the suitable bolts.
- There are customers who have complained about quality control. They keep receiving broken parts. This puts the Niagara and Amazon on the spot for their packaging and transportation process.
- There are times when it takes more than one flush to completely clean the bowl.
- You have to buy the toilet seat and lid separately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How to install the Niagara Stealth toilet?
Begin by buying the necessary bolts for the installation process. Not all parts are included in the package. If you have some plumbing skills, installing this toilet shouldn’t be a problem. There isn’t much difference in the installation process from the other toilets.
Alternatively, you may call your local plumber to install the toilet for you. You should note that the toilet is heavy and fragile so handle it with care.
2. Does it use the septic system?
For those who have septic tanks, you know that you often try to reduce the amount of water and waste going into the system. This is to avoid frequent draining. This low flushing toilet can use a septic system because the amount of water per flush is minimal.
However, if you have no septic system you may comfortably use the city water and city sewage.
3. What are the dimensions of the toilet?
It has a dimension of 28.9 × 18.8 × 31 inches and the standard rough-in of 12 inches.
4. Since the toilet conserves water, is its water depth lower than the normal toilet?
No, the toilet design shows a similar water surface to the normal toilets. The difference is in the flushed amount of water. This is not the same as the amount of water that is on the surface of the bowl.
5. Since it’s unique in design is it hard to install?
No, its installation is quite like the other toilets. Most people think that since it uses the air pressure technique it may need an extra hook or other difficult techniques. That is not so. It uses the same installation process.
Based on the features discussed in this review, it does seem that the toilet has a huge number of benefits with minimal drawbacks. It is understandable then why it is loved by its users. From its nice design to its very powerful flush, extremely low water consumption, durability, and how easy it is to clean, it seems this toilet has it all.
If you want a toilet that will help you save water, and provide top-notch performance for years to come, buy the Niagara Stealth toilet. It doesn’t come with the bolts, seat, and lid, but if you can look past this, you’ll enjoy a toilet that’s worth its weight in gold.