Do you look at your bathroom and wonder how small it seems? Yes, it is the smallest room in your home, but this was not how you imagined it would look.
Perhaps you are thinking of tearing the whole bathroom down and building it all over again, but that’s not a wise decision as it would double the cost.
There are simple ways to manage a small space and make your bathroom look bigger than it is.
Changing the size of your toilet, for example, will save you a lot of space in your bathroom. Compact toilets are perfect space-saving fixtures. They are designed for use in small bathrooms, so you get comfort and style without sacrificing peace of mind.
We have reviewed 5 best compact toilets for small bathrooms, so if you have a space problem in your home, any of these toilets will work for you.
If you think picking 1 from 5 options is a tough job, then you can go with American Standard Concealed Toilet. Its 30.2 x 15.8 x 30.2 inches compact size makes it an excellent choice for small spaces.
Best Compact Toilets For Small Bathrooms
|Image||Product Name||GPF||Dimensions||Latest Price|
|American Standard Concealed Toilet||1.28 GPF||30.2 x 15.8 x 30.2 inches||Check Price|
|TOTO Dual Flush Two-Piece Toilet||1.6 GPF||27.5 x 14.2 x 31.2 inches||Check Price|
|Galba Small Toilet||1.6 GPF||24.5 x 14 x 27 inches||Check Price|
|KOHLER Santa Rosa Comfort Toilet||1.28 GPF||31 x 20.8 x 29 inches||Check Price|
|Cimarron Comfort Two-Piece Toilet||1.6 GPF||28.8 x 17.6 x 30.8 inches||Check Price|
1. American Standard Concealed Trapway Cadet 3 Right Height Toilet
American Standard is one of the most reputable brands in the industry. The American Standard 2989.101.020 Concealed Cadet 3 toilet is a single flush, two-piece toilet. It is stylish and functional and uses only 1.28 gallons of water per flush (GPF), which is at least 20 percent less than the standard 1.6 GPF. Its compact size makes it an excellent choice for use in small spaces.
The toilet meets ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) and EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) WaterSense requirements. Its wide 2 1⁄8-inch trapway prevents clogging. Although this toilet uses a single flush, its wide chemical resistant valve gives it a cleaner flush. This toilet can handle an impressive 1,000 grams of waste in one flush, which is more than most other toilets. It is highly rated on most lists of the best compact toilets in the market today.
- This toilet is small and compact, making it perfect for small bathrooms.
- Its powerful single flush makes flushing easy.
- This toilet looks stylish, adding to the aesthetics of your bathroom.
- Its larger siphon trapway prevents clogging.
- This toilet helps you save water.
- It is a comfortable toilet to use.
- The seats get loose easily and hardly stay up.
- Some users have complained about the cheap-looking plastic seats.
- Installation is a bit more complicated than some other toilets.
The American Standard 2989.101.020 Concealed Cadet 3 toilet has an EverClean surface, which prevents mold and mildew from growing. It is easy to clean, and it stays clean for a long time. It uses a pressurized rim that power washes the toilet bowl, making the cleaning process very easy and straightforward.
2. TOTO Aquia Dual Flush Elongated Two-Piece Toilet
The TOTO CST412MF.01 Aquia Dual Flush toilet is another excellent choice if you are looking to get a toilet for small bathrooms. This toilet has a compact build, and its vitreous china body gives it a sleek and classy look. It uses a dual flush system and does pretty well when it comes to saving water. This compact toilet uses 1.6 GPF for the full flush and 0.9 GPF for the partial flush, which meets EPA WaterSense requirements.
The 2.125-inch trapway prevents clogging of the toilet, removing up to 800 grams of solid waste per flush. It employs a gravity-based flushing method, which makes flushing it very quiet. This toilet is also available in a variety of color choices, so you can choose whichever color best suits your bathroom.
- This toilet has a compact build, making it perfect for small bathrooms.
- It uses a dual flush system, which helps you save water.
- The gravity flushing method makes the flushing process quiet.
- This toilet has a 2.125-inch trapway that prevents clogging.
- Its decent height makes it a comfortable toilet to use.
- It is comfortable to use and clean.
- It comes in different color options.
- It does not come with a seat, so you will have to buy one separately.
- Some users have complained about the refill mechanism not functioning correctly.
The TOTO Aquia mini two-piece toilet is easy to install. You can install the base first before fitting the tank. It comes with an easy to understand manual, so you may not need to hire a plumber to set it up.
3. GALBA SMALL TOILET One Piece UPC Short Compact Bathroom
The Galba Small Toilet is one of the smallest toilets in the market today. It is just 24.5 inches long and 13.5 inches wide, making it a great narrow toilet. It is dual flush, using 1.6 GPF for the full flush and 0.8 GPF for the partial flush. This toilet has a slow close lid, which adds to the comfort it offers. At 15.5 inches only, the seat height may not be too comfortable for taller users. This toilet has a compact and elongated build as well as an elegant design that gives your bathroom a classy look despite its small size.
This vitreous china body adds to the aesthetic value of the toilet. EPA WaterSense does not certify this toilet, although it meets the requirement for certification. This one-piece toilet is constructed to offer you a comfortable and relaxed visit to the bathroom. It is also durable and can withstand more weight than other toilets.
- This toilet has a sleek design that adds to the beauty of your bathroom.
- It is a dual flush toilet that helps you save water.
- It is durable, and it can withstand heavyweight.
- This toilet comes with a slow close seat.
- It is comfortable to use and clean.
- The toilet is small and compact, making it fit right into your small bathroom.
- It is a bit pricey.
- The seat height is a little shorter than the standard.
- The plastic seat is a little weak, so you may have to change it.
This Galba toilet has a glazed surface that is self-cleaning. This surface would not rust, fade, scratch, or discolor and resistant to mold and mildew. Although it is one of the smallest toilets in the market, the bowl is made large to make using it very comfortable.
4. KOHLER Santa Rosa Comfort Height GPF Toilet
When it comes to toilet manufacturers, Kohler is a name that often comes up first because of the quality of the products they produce. The Kohler 3810-96 Santa Rosa toilet is an elongated one-piece toilet that has a compact build, making it one of the best toilets for small bathrooms. It is also very water-efficient, using only 1.28 GPF. The standard seat height makes it comfortable for adults.
The Kohler Santa Rosa toilet satisfies ADA requirements and is EDA WaterSense certified. This one-piece toilet is easy to clean, as you do not have to clean the parts separately. It also comes with a lid and seat, unlike some other toilets, although it does not have a slow close seat. The seat is resistant to stain, and it can bear heavyweight, making it a durable toilet.
- This toilet is water-efficient, using only 1.28 gallons of water per flush.
- This toilet has an elongated and compact design, making it suitable for use in small spaces.
- This toilet is EDA WaterSense certified.
- This one-piece toilet is pretty comfortable to use and clean.
- It comes with a lid and seat.
- It is affordable.
- Some users have complained about the quality of the seat.
- The installation process may be a bit complex, so you may need to hire a professional.
The Kohler 3810-96 Santa Rosa toilet uses an AquaPiston canister flush valve that gives it a powerful flush, eliminating clogs. It takes advantage of the force of gravity to give it a cleaner and easier flush.
5. Cimarron Comfort Height Two-Piece Toilet
The Cimarron Comfort toilet is another quality product from Kohler. This two-piece toilet adds to the look of your bathroom. Its small and compact build makes it one of the best compact toilets in the market. It uses only 1.6 gallons of water for every flush, which helps in saving water and reducing your water bills. This elongated toilet has a standard seat height that adds to the comfort of using it.
Water goes into the valve from all angles, creating a consistent, smooth flow of water to the bowl. This improves the effectiveness and power of every flush. The Cimarron Comfort toilet has a yellow seal that helps prevent leaks, tear, wear, swelling, and shrinkage. Just like most other Kohler toilets, it makes use of gravity to improve the flush power. This toilet has a metal bracket that is placed at the bottom. This makes installation easy, as you do not need to boreholes to fix the tank.
- This toilet has a compact size, making it fit perfectly into small bathrooms.
- It is water efficient as it only uses 1.6 GPF.
- This toilet has a yellow seal that prevents leaks, wear, tear, swelling, and shrinkage.
- This toilet has a standard seat height, making it very comfortable to use.
- It is easy to clean.
- The flushing action is fast and powerful.
- This toilet adds to the aesthetics of your bathroom.
- Some users have complained about the toilet clogging.
- Some users have reported that the tank leaks sometimes.
The Cimarron Comfort toilet uses an AquaPiston Canister flush, which makes the water flow into the bowl from all sides. This makes the flushing action quick, plug-free, and very powerful. The valve intake and the outlet have a ratio 3:2, which makes use of gravitational force for the flushing action.
Space Saver Ideas for Small Bathrooms
If you have a small bathroom, it is vital that you manage the space efficiently so that it will look bigger than it really is. Apart from getting a compact toilet, there are other things you can do to maximize the small space. Here are some tried and tested ways.
Lighting is one of the essential things you should consider when setting up your bathroom. Aside from the obvious reason why you need a light, you can also make your small bathroom look bigger by using lighting creatively. You can play around with different lighting fixtures combined with the appropriate wall colors to see which one gives the impression of a bigger space.
Soft white lights give the illusion of space while using LED lights could highlight some features in your bathroom. This helps take attention away from its size. Lighting up every corner of the bathroom can also expand the limited space. Spotlights and skylights can help as well. What you want to do is get a lighting combination that gives the illusion of space.
Most bathrooms use ceramic tiles. They are easy to clean and good at absorbing impact, water, and stain. The size of tiles used in a bathroom can help change how it is perceived.
You can mix up the size of the tiles used in your bathroom to highlight some architectural details. Using light-colored tiles is recommended for small bathrooms, as they reflect light and enhance the small space. Glass tiles have also been found to be suitable for use in small bathrooms because they create an illusion of luxury, space, and elegance.
Rough-in is the construction stage after the framing, plumbing, mechanical wiring, and HVAC installations have been completed. At this stage of construction, the ceilings and walls are not closed up. The rough-in determines how things are positioned in your bathroom.
It is vital that you place your toilet in a place that maximizes the small space you have. Some professionals can help set up your bathroom and make every inch of space count.
4. Storage Space
Managing your storage space well is an important aspect of making a small bathroom seem larger. Look for creative ways to store your toiletries. For instance, a 6-inch shelf, when placed correctly could be enough for storing toiletries.
High shelves and cantilevered shelves are also great places to keep your extra towels. With a little research, you can get some shelf styles that will help you save a lot of space in your bathroom.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Most compact toilets are easy to set up and use, although, of course, there are still questions that users often ask. Some of these questions include the following.
1. What is the dimension of the small toilets?
It is a little challenging to state-specific dimensions for small toilets because different models have different sizes. However, there are things you should pay attention to when deciding which compact toilet to purchase.
A well-designed small toilet should have a bowl that extends about 29 – 31 inches from the wall. Round toilet bowls are usually recommended because they do not reach more than 25 – 28 inches from the wall. One-piece toilets with a rough-in not exceeding 10 inches are also preferable for small spaces.
2. What are the benefits of using a small toilet?
Using small toilets has a lot of benefits. The popular opinion is that small toilets should be used in small bathrooms, but the fact is that compact toilets can be used in bathrooms of any size. Here are some of the benefits you can gain from using these toilets:
- They save space – This is perhaps the most obvious benefit. Using small toilets will save you muc space, especially if you have a small bathroom.
- Cheap – Small toilets are generally less expensive than the standard toilet, so you can be sure of saving up on some cash by buying one of these. Though there are some small toilets that cost more than the regular-sized ones, they are still relatively less expensive.
- Easy to clean – The small size makes small toilets easy to clean. These toilets are designed to be compact, so cleaning the body is usually a breeze.
- They add beauty to your bathroom – Most small toilets have a classy look that adds to the charm of your bathroom. The different designs mean you can choose one that fits your bathroom’s style.
3. What should I look for when getting a small toilet?
Getting the perfect compact toilet for your bathroom can be a little tricky because there are things you have to consider before selecting one. Here is a list of what you should take note of before buying a small toilet.
- Size – Size is one thing that many people overlook. They assume that since they are getting a small toilet, it would fit right into their bathroom. The truth is that small toilets have varying dimensions that depend on the model. You should look at the size that will be comfortable for you and will fit perfectly into your bathroom.
- Cleaning – You should clean your toilet regularly. Some toilets, though, are easier to clean than others because of their size, shape, and the material used to make them. Most people prefer toilets that require less cleaning because they are easier to manage. Therefore, you should consider how easy it is to clean the toilet before buying it.
- Water used – The amount of water used for flushing a toilet determines, in part, how much you spend on water bills every year. Get a toilet that uses less water per flush to save water, and in the long run, save money. Toilets certified by EPA WaterSense are generally great choices.
- One-piece or two-piece – Choosing between a one-piece or a two-piece toilet can affect the size of the toilet you get. One-piece toilets are smaller than two-piece ones. If you want to save more space, it is reasonable to choose one-piece toilets.
The bathroom is one of the most important and most used rooms in the house. For this reason, this room must be made to be as comfortable as possible. The bathroom is also one room in the house that is difficult to remodel once the house has been completed. It is important, then, that you get it right the first time so as not to have to spend a lot of cash on remodeling.
If your bathroom is small, it is a necessity to manage whatever small space you have. One way to maximize this space is to get a small toilet that will fit right in. Changing a standard-sized toilet into a compact one will make a huge difference in your small bathroom. Instead of spending a lot of money on remodeling, replace your regular toilet with a compact toilet, and your space problem will be solved.
Selecting a bathroom goes well beyond visual inspection. There are things you have to take into consideration so that you will get a toilet that you will be comfortable using. If you are planning to go shopping for a small toilet, start by checking out the toilets we reviewed here. You will get a small toilet that saves space without sacrificing quality, style, and performance, whichever of these 5 best compact toilets you will choose.