In today’s modern world, having one of the best no-clog toilet units in your home is rewarding and also time-saving. You don’t want to spend your hard-earned money on a toilet unit that requires a plunger over time. No one does.
However, the internet presents you with a wide range of options – which can get confusing.No wonder people often complain that the process of choosing the best clog-free toilet could be daunting.
We have saved you from such stress by engaging in thorough research to reveal the five best toilets that don’t clog.
Listed out in this review are the main features, pros, and cons of the best five no-clog toilets. This guide includes everything to look out for when purchasing your new unit. The highlights of the discussion include constituting materials, installation procedure, water draining, water consumption, flushing system, and the warranty that comes with each of the toilets.
We do not intend to take credits from other toilets mentioned in this review. But if asked which to recommend, we’ll put all our weights behind the Woodbridge T-0001 Dual Flush Elongated One-Piece Toilet. It sports a stylish design and the best features one could find in any modern toilet – and more.
Can any other unit challenge for the crown? Read on, check the pros and cons, and pick the one that meets your requirements.
Best No Clog Toilets
|Woodbridge T-0001 Dual Flush Elongated
|* Easy to clean design
* Ceramic material
* Comfort height design
* High-end soft closing seat
|TOTO Eco Ultramax
|* Vitreous china material
* Siphon jet flushing action
* Gallons Per Flush: 1.28 GPF
* Wide 3-Inch flush valve
|Kohler Highline Classic Pressure Lite Toilet
|* Ceramic material
* Auto Open and Close Lid
* Front and rear warm water cleanse
* Integrated dual flush system
|American Standard Cadet 3
|* Durable and easy to clean
* Dual flush offers a choice of 1. 28 GPF
* Ever clean antimicrobial surface
* Powerful Cadet Flushing System
|Swiss Madison Well Made Forever SM-1T112 Ivy
|* Luxurious Modern Design
* Dual Tornado flush
* Environment-Friendly WaterSense toilets
* Water Consumption: 1.28 GPF and 0.8 GPF
1. Woodbridge T-0001 Dual Flush Elongated One-Piece Toilet
Woodbridge gives top-brands such as American Standard and TOTO a good run for their money. This ability to rival the very best in its category lies in the quality products the company pushes into the market. The Woodbridge T-0001, Dual Flush Elongated One-Piece Toilet comes with a top-notch construction style, is efficient, luxurious, and above all, easy to clean.
This toilet is an absolute game-changer. It ups the ante by flaunting an elongated shape that is different from the regular round bowls. Its soft close toilet seat prevents slamming against the toilet rim and any damage that such may occasion.
If you are on the lookout for luxury and ecologically friendly, no clog toilet unit, the T-0001, Dual Flush Elongated One-Piece Toilet is undoubtedly a great choice.
- Dual flush system
- A soft close toilet seat
- Sleek and ecologically friendly
- An elongated shape that is easy to clean
- A one-piece toilet unit
- 1.6 GPF or 1.0 GPF, average at 1. 28 GPF
- Made with pure white ceramic
- Five years warranty
- Ecologically friendly, affordable for its design, efficiency, and performance
- Soft-close toilet
- Easy to clean
- Noiseless flushing mechanism
- Versatile height, convenient for both the disabled and old people
- Luxurious modern design
- The taller seat design makes it difficult for children to use the toilet
- A sloppy lid tank, unable to hold an object
The Woodbridge brand is easily one of the best brands out there on the market. Its design, luxurious appeal, and quality are some of its main features. While it is possible to buy a more affordable toilet, the quiet flush mechanism, elongated shape, and ease of cleaning make this the perfect choice.
2. TOTO MS854114ELG#01 Eco Ultramax ADA Elongated One Piece Toilet
TOTO is no newcomer in the toilet/bathroom accessory world. It has been able to reach its enviable status by giving consumers the best long-lasting toilet units for decades. The MS854114ELG#01 Eco Ultramax One-Piece toilet from TOTO comes with all the luxury and high-performance requirements one seeks from a top-level modern toilet unit.
The Eco Ultramax One-Piece toilet unit flaunts a robust E-max flushing mechanism, and the SanaGloss technology keeps this piece miles ahead of many competitors. It is easy to install and easy to clean. The toilet comes with an extra-smooth surface and a soft-close seat to prevent slams.
If you are a consumer who is on the lookout for class and quality, this unit is sure worth the try. The TOTO brand stands out, thanks to its top-notch designs and durability. With a standard height making it ADA-compliant and siphon jet flushing action that uses 1.28 GPF, it sure does boast of the key highlights a homeowner will desire.
Speaking of Toto toilet, check out our top 7 Toto toilets review here!
- One-piece elongated design with a SoftClose seat
- WaterSense Certification and ADA-compliant
- Vitreous China enamel coating with cotton white finishing
- One-year warranty from the manufacturer
- Polished chrome trip lever
- E-Max flushing mechanism
- 12″ Rough-in and a fully glazed trap-way
- SanaGloss technology prevents the concentration of dirt and molds in the grooves
- The SoftClose seat prevents slams and possible damage to the rim
- The toilet comes with a G-max flushing mechanism that allows for a noiseless flush
- Easy to install and easy to maintain
- It efficiently uses only 1.2gallons of water for a thorough flush every time
- Suitable for older adults and the disabled
- Sensitive SanaGlose technology that requires only gentle cleaners
The Eco Ultramax One-Piece toilet from TOTO brings a lot of tweaks and modern features into play. Its cutting edge high-performing and long-lasting features come at a high price, yet a rewarding investment indeed. For more details about Toto Ultramax, check out our comparison Toto vs. Kohler.
3. Kohler K-3493-0 Highline Classic Pressure Lite Comfort Height Elongated Toilet
Here comes a leader in its own right. It is one of the best units from a household name, Kohler. The two-piece K-3493-0 toilet is among the range of Pressure Lite toilets with excellent flush engineering. It is a Highline Pressure Lite elongated toilet that uses 1.6 gallons of water for a thorough and complete flush at all times.
The K-3493-0 pressure-assist toilet from Kohler is both powerful and cheap. A great choice of toilet units that don’t clog. Best of all, it requires low maintenance, given its fewer moving parts. It comes with an exceptional flushing ability to push down all wastes in a single flush.
The toilet boasts a standard height and a left-hand polished chrome drip lever to make it ADA-compliant. If you are in search of a toilet unit with the best flushing mechanism, this choice is worth considering. On top of that, the beautiful toilet design will nicely blend with a modern bathroom setup.
- Pressure-assist flushing mechanism
- Sports a Vitreous China enamel coating
- 2-1/4″ (57 mm) fully glazed trap-way
- 30-1/8″ (765 mm) x 21-1/4″ (540 mm) x 31-1/4″ (794 mm)
- A two-piece toilet featuring an elongated bowl
- Polished chrome left-trip lever
- 12″ (305 mm) rough-in. and 1.6 GPF (6.0 LPF)
- The toilet employs a pressure-assist flushing technology, a feature which is a step ahead of gravity toilets
- Its standard height allows for a comfortable experience during usage
- The toilet maximizes water usage to help reduce water expenses (1.6 gallons per flush)
- It flaunts an elongated bowl for an added level of comfort
- One-year limited warranty
- Its left-hand side trip lever makes the toilet ADA-compliant
- The installation process is simple and straightforward
- The toilet lacks WaterSense Certification, hence not accepted in California, Colorado, and Texas
- One has to buy the seat and supply line separately
The Kohler K-3493-0 Highline Classic Pressure Lite toilet is a good buy if you choose to overlook its lack of WaterSense certification (or live in a state that does not require such). Its pressure-assisted functionality makes it a top-level toilet unit for a modern home.
4. American Standard Cadet 3 Right Height Elongated Flowise Two-Piece High-Efficiency Toilet
The American Standard Cadet 3 toilet is efficient, powerful, and an all-round winner. Its state-of-the-art design and low water usage functionality make it one of the most commonly used toilets in modern homes.
The Cadet 3 is a two-piece no clog toilet boasting a skirted bowl and a single flush mechanism. Coming from a top brand, it delivers the goods in terms of performance and value for money.
The toilet sports a fully glazed 2 1/8″ trap way with an EverClean surface. A siphon mechanism jets water into the bowl to aid a complete flush every single time. The Cadet 3 uses 20% less water than a conventional toilet without sacrificing efficiency and performance.
- Water-saving mechanism
- An elongated design
- Five-year warranty
- A two-piece toilet unit
- Includes slow-close seat and lid for a noiseless closure
- EverClean surface allows for a long-lasting clean
- Flaunts a PowerWash rim to enable a complete flush at all times
- WaterSense Certified uses 1.28 gallons per flush (4.8 Lpf)
- The toilet comes with a convenient height that allows for top-level comfort
- An efficient toilet unit with an EverClean surface that keeps bacteria, stains, and molds away for longer
- The Cadet 3 FloWise toilet has a slow-closing lid to prevent slams and damage to the rim
- The toilet uses as little as 1.28 gallons of water for a thorough flush
- It flaunts a skirted design with an easy installation procedure
- Comes with a fully glazed trap way that makes cleaning quick and easy
- The minimalistic design is occasionally too small for taller adults
- Fragile EverClean surface
The Cadet 3 FloWise toilet unit stands tall amongst modern clog-free toilets. It is well-loved for its ultra-modern design and top-class features. Its performance has earned it an outstanding rating on Amazon.
The American Standard’s high-efficient Cadet 3 toilet is, without doubt, the most robust toilet ever built by this top brand. Its efficiency and reliability place it among the most stylish modern toilet units.
5. Swiss Madison Well Made Forever SM-1T112 Ivy
Like the Woodbridge T-0001, the SM-1T112 Ivy from another top brand Swiss Madison showcases a dual flushing mechanism. It packs a sturdy design and is quite efficient – dual qualities that help it to shrug off top competitors on the market. If you are looking to upgrade the decor of your bathroom, this toilet helps achieve that – and more.
The highly sought-after dual flush toilets functions on 1.0/1.6 GPF range to meet WaterSense Standards. Furthermore, the SM-1T112 Ivy ups the ante by operating on (0.8 / 1.28 GPF) to meet the EPA guidelines. Such outstanding capabilities make for efficient light and heavy flush sessions, depending on the waste type.
The eco-friendly SM-1T112 Ivy flaunts a simple tank alongside a sophisticated design to give top-level comfort to the user. It comes with a perfect height and an elongated bowl that ensures it is versatile. To provide a noiseless closure, the toilet is designed with a soft-closing seat mechanism, and this prevents slamming altogether.
- Soft closing seat
- Ultra-Modern design with appealing aesthetics
- Dual flushing mechanism
- Sturdy and elongated design with a skirted bowl
- Smooth edges with a non-visible trap-way
- It is a one-piece design with a sophisticated tank and bowl
- It measures 26 x 14 x 29 inches
- ADA compliance
- The toilet meets the meets EPA guidelines (0.8 / 1.28 GPF)
- Effective water management mechanism to help reduce water bills
- It adopts a tornado flush mechanism that swirls the water around the bowl to reach deep grooves
- Easy to manage. A simple rinse will keep bacteria and molds away for a long time
- The toilet is minimalistic in design and enhances the decor of your bathroom
- Great value for money
- The toilet unit comes with a simple installation procedure
- The Swiss Madison SM-1T112 Ivy features a non-stable toilet seat that moves about
- Its minimalistic themes are a letdown to taller adults
The Swiss Madison SM-1T112 Ivy toilet is an exceptional buy if you are looking for top-level performance and comfort. Its excellent set of features is the reason it qualifies as one of the most sought-after units on the markets today.
What to Look for Before Buying a No Clog Toilet
Since the toilet unit is one remarkably important part of your home, there are certain things to look out for before buying a porcelain throne when in the market. Keep in mind that the most expensive units are not always the best performing toilets.
We have listed below the best features to look out for before buying a no-clog toilet.
A survey on residential water usage in U.S. homes reveals that about 30 percent of water goes to toilet usage. For that reason, the volume of water your toilet uses for each flush is an essential factor to consider when buying one. You’d want to go for a high-efficiency toilet unit with Watersense certification. The product should be able to use around 1.6 gallons of water for a thorough flush at all times.
The high-efficiency toilets with the EPA’s WaterSense certification use 1.28 GPF or less. That figure is about 20 percent less water than the contemporary federal standard maximum of 1.6 gallons per flush.
Thinking of saving the Earth each time you flush? Read this: Natures Head Composting Toilet Review
The flush mechanism of your new toilet unit is as important as the toilet itself. For high-level efficiency and water management, the Pressure-assisted and dual flush toilet systems are unbeatable. A toilet unit with an efficient flush system can help cut down your water expenses.
The product installation should be simple and straightforward. You’d want to pick a product you can DIY-install by going through the manual. In other words, the absence of a qualified plumber shouldn’t be a big deal.
The material used for making cutting edge toilet units is the special clay called vitreous china. It is a mixture of different kinds of natural clay, China clay, silica, and a fluxing agent. The material used is a significant factor that determines if your toilet unit will be easy to clean or not. As such, ensure your pick has a smooth surface for proper maintenance.
The water draining mechanism of your toilet unit is fundamental. The tank should be able to fill up quickly after flushing. In some cases, one needs to drain a toilet to give the bowl or container an out-and-out cleaning. Your no-clog toilet unit should allow for a thorough water draining system.
In choosing a toilet piece, you should select a brand that offers peace of mind should a problem arise.
The common practice is that manufacturing outfits offer a simple one-year limited warranty for their products. But, brands with expensive price tags offer a whopping ten-year warranty or even more.
When it comes to warranty, the choice solely lies on you, the buyer. You may choose to go for a low-cost toilet with a limited one-year warranty. Or otherwise, go for an expensive brand that offers a more extended warranty for that much-needed peace of mind.
Usually, picking a trustworthy brand can guarantee that your warranty is also dependable. Read documents (and fine prints) that come with the product to ensure your warranty includes the necessary things it should.
Checking for customer reviews can help make the right choice. Ultimately, you should buy from a brand you can trust.
Common Causes of Toilet Clogs
The annoying process of removing clogs from your toilet unit is something you don’t want to experience daily. So, let’s look at the common causes of clogs and how you can avoid them.
- You are using a low-flow first-generation toilet
Toilets designed in the mid-1990s cannot clear the internal trap and drain. If yours is one of them, it is an excellent low-flow toilet and will clog easily.
Do not rush to install a new one, though. You can get rid of clogs by reducing toilet paper use. But, if that doesn’t solve the problem, consider installing a toilet that doesn’t clog.
- Flushing the wrong stuff
The function of your toilet is to flush human waste, and nothing more. Flushing anything other than that – especially if harder than human waste – will cause clogging. Avoid flushing non-flushable items such as papers, wet wipes, diapers, and the likes.
- Blocked toilet traps
The trap is a U-shaped pipe that remains filled with water at all times – every toilet has it. The water in the trap helps prevent foul odors in the sewer line from getting into the home.
The bend in the trap makes clogging easy. To avoid this, be careful with toilet tissue usage or flushing foreign objects that can settle in the trap.
- Toilet tissue paper
The chief cause of toilet clog is toilet tissue paper stuffed into or flushed down the u-trap. Avoid this by folding your used tissue paper instead of rolling it into a ball. Also, reduce the use of toilet papers to the barest minimum.
Frequently Asked Questions About No Clog Toilet
Q. What is the best way to deal with a toilet clog?
A. If you have a toilet clog that is caused by foreign objects such as plastic, wood, or toys, the use of caustic chemicals such as drain cleaners will do more harm than good.
On the other hand, using a good plunger and proper technique will get rid of the unwanted object quickly. In the worst-case scenario, the unit may need to be water-jetted to remove the clogs.
Q. Why does my toilet flush slowly, even though there is no clog?
A. When this happens, note that there are some problems somewhere. Clogged drains can occur way down the sewer pipe, causing your toilet to flush slowly. Having a qualified plumber to check things out is highly recommended in such circumstances.
Q. What is a dual flush system?
A. About two decades ago, Congress passed legislation requiring that all toilets sold in the United States use at most 1.6 GPF. The dual flush system aims at reducing water usage even further. As such, a toilet unit with a dual flush system allows a partial flush for liquid wastes and a full flush for solid wastes. Different buttons are fixed to the tank for both processes, respectively. This feature is essential an essential of a no-clog toilet.
Q. What are the differences between one-piece and two-piece toilets?
A. Usually, toilets come in two forms, namely: one-piece toilet and two-piece toilets. The one-piece toilet has the tank and the bowl built into one solid piece. Conversely, the two-piece toilet comes with a separated tank and bowl.
The one-piece toilet is easy to install but is also the more expensive of both units. The two-piece toilets may be cheaper but are harder to clean, on the other hand.
Q. Do I need to buy a new toilet?
A. You shouldn’t be in a hurry to buy a new toilet unit. While the toilet parts may require some overhaul over time, the toilet bowl itself can last you a whole lifetime. Be that as it may, there is a need to change your toilet unit if it has no water saving certification. Again, if you have a blue or pink toilet unit, you may consider getting a new one that blends well with almost any bathroom decor.
Picking a no-clog toilet could be a difficult task to do. This is because there are a lot of them on the market. This review educates you about the features to look out for when buying one.
In summary, you’d want to choose a toilet unit that is water-efficient and easy to clean. The installation should be smooth and completed in minutes too.
The best clog-free toilets make use of the smallest amount of water and yet achieve more. Crucially also, it should be able to get rid of solid waste in one flush.
Ensure to read manuals and other documents that come with the no-clog toilets. Depending on your budget, among other preferences, you’d want to go for a toilet unit with a trustworthy warranty.
Finally, always check for customer reviews of the particular brand and product you want to buy. If there are more negative reviews than the good ones, it may be wise to reconsider your option.