Do you experience pain around your joints and back whenever you use your toilet? Do your visitors complain about how uncomfortable it is to use your toilet?
While there may be nothing wrong with the toilet, you may have bought the wrong size toilet.
The height of your toilet is the most significant factor that determines how comfortable using it will be. Most people still make the rookie mistake of ignoring the height.
This factor is even more critical when you have disabled, handicapped, or seniors using the toilet. The higher sitting toilet allows you to sit and stand up comfortably. You can easily let your feet rest flat on the floor when sitting.
Moreover, The right height toilet should be water-efficient and durable. These factors also affect the overall experience you get from using it.
If you have disabled or older adults in your home and you are looking to get an ADA approved toilet that will be suitable for them, then you will find this list of chair height toilets useful.
Best Comfort Height Toilets
|Image||Product Name||Dimensions||GPF||Latest Price|
|Convenient Height 20 Inch Extra Tall Toilet||27 x 15 x 36 inches||1.28 GPF||Check Price|
|Woodbridge T-0001 Dual Flush Elongated One Piece Toilet||28.5 x 14.5 x 27.5 inches||1.28 GPF||Check Price|
|American Standard Cadet 3 Concealed Trapway Front Flowise Toilet||28.2 x 15.8 x 30.8 inches||1.28 GPF||Check Price|
|American Standard 2989.101.020 Concealed Toilet||30.2 x 15.8 x 30.2 inches||1.28 GPF||Check Price|
|TOTO CST744SL#01 Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet||28 x 19.5 x 30.5 inches||1.6 GPF||Check Price|
|Delta Faucet C01905-WH Haywood Comfort Height Round Toilet||27 x 17.5 x 30.8 inches||1.28 GPF||Check Price|
|KOHLER K-3589-0 Cimarron Comfort Height Elongated Toilet||28.8 x 17.6 x 30.8 inches||1.6 GPF||Check Price|
1. Convenient Height 20 Inch Extra Tall Toilet
If you are wondering, what is the highest toilet height? Convenient Height 20 Inch Extra Tall Toilet is the answer to your question, which can add pizzazz to your home. This unit is amongst the latest innovations that improve both safety and water consumption.
As the name clearly puts, this unit rises a bit higher (3 to 5 inches) than most standard toilets from renowned brands like TOTO or Kohler. It is ideal for disabled folks, seniors, and tall people. But the real reason for a taller design was to enhance performance. A small amount of water combined with gravity pushes all the dirt down the drain.
Earlier models came with convenient push buttons for a dual flush. The latest designs, however, feature a flushing handle. To add to that, the lid closes slowly, unlike others that slam behind you, causing you to cringe.
- Taller than standard models for improved performance
- ships perfectly packaged to prevent the parts from breaking
- water-conserving Dual flush mechanism
- Corrosion-resistant parts keep the toilet looking good for long
- a slow-closing seat that doesn’t spook people
- Like many two-piece toilets, it can wobble when poorly fixed
- could be costly for some people
Convenient Height Extra Tall Toilet sports an improved performance in terms of waste expulsion and water management. You only need 1.28 GPF to flush solid waste and 0.9 GPF for liquid waste. All the parts are lined with non-corrosive material for longevity.
When you place your order, the company ships the unit tightly encased in foam and other soft materials. So rest assured, your toilet will arrive in an impeccable state.
2. Woodbridge T-0001 Dual Flush Elongated One Piece Toilet
When the interior design of your house is flawless, you tend to want to fill it with spotless products. One such item is Woodbridge T-0001 Dual Flush One Piece Toilet. This lustrous bathroom equipment is a show-stopper.
Classified as one of the most in-demand toilets, this comfy height piece lies at the same level as your chairs making sitting and standing effortless. Thanks to being a one-piece unit, you don’t have to worry about the toilet and water container swinging sideways.
Its luxurious modern design boasts of improved performance courtesy of a quiet but powerful siphon flushing. And once your business is done, the lid closes slowly and softly. No one will ever know you visited the washroom.
The toilet bowl takes a skirted design that makes cleaning as easy as running a knife through a cake. But the fun doesn’t end there; this unit is meant to run smoothly. No more leaks, clogs or any other problem.
- A soft-closing seat that keeps the hinges intact for long
- A comfy height that supports easy sitting and standing
- Powerful siphon flushing
- Heavily certified piece
- No corners or grooves and that makes cleaning easier
- Quiet performance
- Luxurious modern design
- Not designed for small spaces
- Not easy to install on your own
If you invest in WoodBridge T-0001 Dual Flush One Piece Toilet, you can say bye to frequent maintenance, noise gushing of water, and slamming of lids. Its sleek and sparkly design also makes for easy washing. Furthermore, it goes slow on your water bill. And before you ask, yes, it has a good number of glowing reviews from previous buyers.
3. American Standard Cadet 3 Concealed Trapway Front Flowise Toilet
The American Standard Cadet 3 toilet (Model#2988.101.020) is a top-quality toilet, and its comfort height offers any user a very comfortable experience. It is an excellent water-saving option, as it uses 1.28 GPF (gallons of water per flush) only.
This two-piece toilet uses an extra-wide valve for flushing, and it can handle up to 1,000 grams of solid waste, which is quite impressive. The flushing system ensures a one-flush performance every time, all the time.
This comfort height toilet has an EverClean surface, which prevents mildew, mold, and bacteria from growing on the toilet surface.
The round bowl, coupled with the comfortable height, makes it one of the best comfort height toilets on the market.
- The toilet has a comfort height and round bowl, making it an excellent choice for tall, handicapped, disabled, and older adults.
- This toilet uses only 1.28 GPF, making it an excellent water saver.
- The EverClean surface makes it resistant to mildew, mold, and bacteria.
- The large siphon trapway prevents clogging.
- It has an extra-wide valve that gives it a strong flushing action.
- The design of the toilet makes your bathroom look classy.
- Some users have complained about the seat being damaged after a few months of use.
- The toilet seat is reportedly difficult to replace.
- The installation process can be a bit tricky.
The Cadet 3 toilet has a pressurized rim. Water flows from the tank to the rim chamber, which traps the air and keeps the chamber pressurized. This pressurized water is then used to power wash the bowl. The large siphon trapway (2-1⁄8-inch siphon trapway), which reduces the chances of the toilet clogging. Speaking of American Standard Toilet, check out our top 5 toilets review here!
4. American Standard 2989.101.020 Concealed Trapway Cadet 3 Right Height Toilet
The American Standard 2989.101.020 Cadet 3 toilet is another impressive product from a leading toilet manufacturer.
This toilet has a comfort height and elongated bowl that ensuring a comfortable experience for anyone. It also saves water as it only uses 1.28 GPF. The large siphon trapway makes clogging a rare occurrence. The EverClean surface prevents the growth of bacteria, mold, and mildew, keeping the toilet cleaner longer.
The toilet bowl is power-washed by the pressurized rim to make the cleaning process quick and easy. It uses an extra-wide flushing valve, which provides a clean and efficient flush. The toilet also has an elegant design that adds to the aesthetic value of your bathroom.
Indeed, if you are looking for an ADA (American with Disabilities Act)-compliant or comfort height toilet, the American Standard Cadet 3 toilet can be a great choice.
- The comfort height and elongated bowl make it one of the most comfortable toilets on the market.
- It is a brilliant water-saving toilet.
- The toilet has a strong and dependable flushing system.
- The EverClean surface makes cleaning a breeze.
- Clogging will not be an issue with this toilet.
- Some users have complained about the seat being a bit shaky.
- The installation process is a bit tedious.
The American Standard 2989.101.020 Cadet 3 toilet boasts an extra-wide flush valve that is resistant to chemicals and allows water to flow into the bowl quickly. It gives a powerful and clean flush.
The bowl of this toilet has an EverClean surface inside and outside that makes it easy to clean and keeps it cleaner for longer. It also prolongs the lifespan of the toilet. Click here to read the in-depth review.
5. TOTO Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet
The TOTO Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet (Model#CST744SL#01) is another useful option for your bathroom. Its sleek design makes it an asset to any bathroom. It also helps you save water by using only 1.6 GPF.
This ADA-compliant toilet has an elongated shape and a comfort height, making it a popular choice for older adults. You should also note that this comfortable height makes it suitable for disabled users, as well.
This two-piece toilet uses 8 PSI water pressure, and combined with the G-Max flushing system, gives the toilet a powerful flush. Another advantage of using this toilet is the SoftClose seat, so you do not have to worry about the toilet seat slamming and disturbing people in the middle of the night.
- The toilet has a comfort height and elongated shape.
- It saves water every flush as it only uses 1.6 GPF.
- It has a strong and reliable flush because of the G-Max flushing system.
- Its SoftClose seat means no more seat is slamming incidents.
- The toilet’s vitreous china body makes cleaning easy.
- The installation process is pretty straightforward.
- Some users have complained about the toilet leaking after a few months of use.
- The seat design makes attaching it a bit tricky.
- The toilet tank lid is designed in a way that you cannot put anything on it.
The Toto Drake Toilet has a vitreous china body that adds to the beauty as well as the ease of cleaning the toilet.
It uses the G-Max flushing system, which is one of the most effective flushing systems you can get on the market. It gives your toilet a clean and powerful flush.
6. Delta Faucet Haywood Comfort Height Round Toilet
When it comes to getting a toilet that blends well into your bathroom style, there are few choices better than the Delta Faucet C01905-WH Haywood toilet.
This toilet has an ADA-compliant seat height that makes it suitable for handicapped, elderly, and disabled people. It is also an excellent water-saving toilet, as it uses only 1.28 GPF and certified by EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) WaterSense.
The toilet uses an impressive HydroWash flushing system that gives it a powerful flush. It’s round bowl makes it an excellent choice for small bathrooms.
One weakness of this toilet is the fact that the toilet seat, wax ring, and the bolt-to-floor mounting gear not included. You will need to get them separately, adding to the cost of setting up the toilet.
- The toilet uses 1.28 GPF, making it a great water saver.
- The ADA-compliant height makes it a very comfortable toilet.
- This toilet uses a HydroWash system for a powerful flush.
- It has a round bowl so it will fit nicely into a small bathroom.
- The toilet uses a SplashGuard technology that makes cleaning easy and keeps it clean longer.
- It is a durable toilet, so you do not have to worry about getting a replacement for a while.
- The toilet is not packaged with a seat.
- Installation may be delayed, as the wax ring and bolt-to-floor mounting gear are not included in the package.
The Delta Faucet toilet has a HydroWash flushing system that gives it an effective flush, making it one of the best comfort toilets on the market. The SplashGuard technology adopted by this toilet makes the toilet more manageable to clean and prevents bacteria from growing under the tank.
7. KOHLER Cimarron Comfort Height Elongated Toilet
Kohler is another industry leader in bathroom fixtures. The Kohler K-3589-0 Cimarron toilet is one of their best products.
Its comfort height and elongated bowl make it an excellent choice for anyone. You also won’t need to worry about an increase in your water bills, as this toilet only uses 1.6 GPF.
One drawback to using this toilet is the fact that the package does not include a seat.
This two-piece toilet uses an AquaPiston canister flush, which does not require as much force as a flapper, giving the toilet a reliably strong flush. This toilet also has a DryLock system that helps prevent leakage.
- The toilet has a comfortable height.
- It is a brilliant water saver.
- The powerful flush helps save energy and water.
- The toilet has a DryLock system that prevents leakage.
- The sleek design adds beauty to your bathroom.
- This toilet is pretty easy to install and use.
- The toilet is not packaged with a seat.
- The toilet clogs occasionally.
- The bowl design makes using a plunger difficult in case of clogging.
The Kohler K-3589-0 Cimarron toilet uses an AquaPiston canister flush. This flushing technology gives the toilet a very efficient flush and reduces the power needed for flushing. The flush valve uses a 3:2 ratio, which takes advantage of gravity for efficient flushing. >>Check out Kohler’s 5 more convenient height toilets<<
What Are The Key Features And Functions Of A Comfort Height Toilet?
It can be challenging to find the right height toilet that fits perfectly into your bathroom and makes sitting down and standing up pretty easy. It’s especially more so if you do not know what features to look out for.
Some key elements that should find in any proper height toilet include the following:
Height is the essential feature of a tall toilet because it is what separates it from standard ones. The height of a comfort toilet should meet ADA requirements. The ADA-approved height for these toilets is 17 to 19 inches from the floor to the seat. Therefore, if you are getting a toilet for handicapped, disabled, and elderly people, you should check if the toilet height is ADA-compliant.
This feature is not only limited to tall toilets, but also an essential element for any toilet. The amount of water your toilet uses affects the cost of your water bill. It makes sense then that water-saving toilets are excellent options for your bathroom. Choose low flow and water-saving toilets that have an EPA WaterSense certification the next time you are going to get a comfort toilet.
Toilets are meant to offer relief, so they should not stress you out in any way. Toilets that require multiple flushes are complicated to use and cause stress. Avoid this by choosing a toilet that has an efficient flushing action such as dual flush toilets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
It is expected to have some questions when you are planning to buy something, especially something that you expect to use for years, like toilets. You can find below the most common questions asked about comfort toilets. Read and see which one answers your questions.
1. What does a comfort height toilet mean?
A comfort height toilet is any toilet that meets the ADA comfort height requirement. These toilets are usually taller than standard toilets and are especially suitable for elderly people that may have trouble sitting down on and standing up from a short toilet. They are also great for handicapped and disabled people that may find using the standard toilets difficult.
Generally, they measure between 17 to 19 inches from the floor to the seat. It makes them about 2 to 3 inches taller than the standard toilets. Apart from the height, other specifications are subject to the manufacturer’s preference.
2. Who needs a comfort height toilet?
The good thing about comfort height toilets is the fact that they fit into any bathroom and can be used by anyone. These toilets are best used for bathrooms that serve handicapped, disabled, and elderly people. Also, tall people tend to find standard toilets uncomfortable, so These toilets are also recommended for them. Let’s look at how it affects them.
- Tall people – Taller than average people will have an uncomfortable time on the standard toilets, which are lower for them. They might find it hard to sit down or get up because of their height. These toilets are taller than the standard toilets, so standing up and sitting down will not be an issue.
- Disabled – The height of tall toilets is about the same as the regular chairs you will find in the house. If a person uses a wheelchair, sliding from the chair to the toilet will be more effortless if the wheelchair and the toilet are of the same height. Therefore, it is imperative that you get a toilet with an ADA-compliant height for disabled people.
- Elderly – Elderly – Most senior members of the community prefer tall toilets because they do not put much stress on the back. It is more comfortable to stand or sit on tall toilets than standard ones. So it makes sense that these toilets will suit the elderly citizens. Using a suitable toilet will go a long way in relieving backaches, arthritis, and other body pains. Ensure you consider your older family members when making your toilet decision.
- Handicapped –The ADA guidelines for toilets for handicapped people is 17 to 19 inches. These make the experience on the toilets comfortable for them. Other things that would help them include an easy-to-use flushing system and a clear space between the toilet and the walls on either side.
3. What is the difference between comfort height toilets and standard height toilets?
Many people confuse comfort height toilets with a standard height toilet. This is understandable because standard height toilets also offer a level of comfort, especially for shorter people. Therefore, the term “comfort height toilet” has been used over time to describe standard height toilets. By now, you probably know that these toilets are different. Here are some of their differences.
- Right height toilets have heights that comply with ADA requirements. This means that all the comfort height toilets you will find on the market will have a seat height ranging from 17 to 19 inches. Standard height toilets, on the other hand, have their seat heights lower than 17 inches, usually just around 15 to 16 inches. This is the most significant difference between these two toilet types.
- They are recommended for elderly, handicapped, and disabled people because these toilets address their needs. Standard height toilets are shorter and will be more uncomfortable for them to use.
- Children, however, would find comfort height toilets uncomfortable. Standard height toilets are more suitable for them.
- They are generally less expensive than standard height toilets.
4. What are the ADA guidelines for comfort height toilets?
The ADA guidelines for comfort height toilets include:
- The seat height of a comfort toilet should be between 17 to 19 inches from the floor to the seat top. Also, the height should not be adjusted by springing the seat.
- If the toilet is to be used by children, then the height should be between 11 to 17 inches.
- If the toilet is specifically for handicapped people, there should be about 48 inches of space between the walls on both sides. There should also be an 18-inch space between the toilet and one of the bathroom walls. You also need about 66 inches of space in front of the toilet.
A toilet that is used by only one person can be exempted from these guidelines. If you have a toilet in your private office, for example, you can keep it at any height. Also, toilets in residential homes are allowed to be at least 15 inches tall.
Toilets are one of the most used facilities in the home, and they are used daily by everyone. You must consider the comfort level of everyone in your household when getting a toilet.
Most people tend to ignore the comfort needs of their elderly, handicapped, or disabled housemates when picking out a toilet.
The good thing about getting a comfort height toilet is, apart from the obvious benefits it offers disabled, elderly, and disabled people.
If you have been experiencing discomfort with your old toilet, perhaps it is time to change to a more comfortable toilet.
We have picked out the best comfort toilets available on the market today, so which one is your pick? Please share your thought in the comment section below.