The exponential increase in the world population has resulted in an increasing need for more housing facilities. This has, in turn, led to smaller housing units being built because of the need to manage the available land area. You would be hard-pressed to find a modern home that is spacious in significant cities; what is now common are compact living spaces.
Given the increasing trend of smaller living areas, more and more people are now using compact toilets to maximize their small bathrooms. Even compact toilets, however, would not be enough to guarantee a comfortable bathroom experience. After all, you still have to install features such as a shower, toilet, and sink. The primary cause of a headache for people with such small bathrooms is how they are going to fit all these into a cramped space.
An alternative to compact toilets in small bathrooms is a corner toilet. Aside from maximizing space, it is also water efficient, easy to use, and durable without sacrificing overall comfort.
We have compiled a list of the best corner toilets in 2019 to help you decide on which corner toilet to purchase.
The 3 Best Corner Toilets in 2019: Quick Comparision
|Image||Product Name||Dimensions||GPF||Latest Price|
|American Standard Elongated Toilet||34 x 19.2 x 31.5 inches||1.6 GPF||Check Price|
|White Porcelain Space Saving Toilet||33.8 x 19 x 32.2 inches||1.6 GPF||Check Price|
|American Standard Round Front Toilet||32 x 19.2 x 31.5 inches||1.6 GPF||Check Price|
1. American Standard Cadet 3 Right Height Elongated Two-Piece Triangle Toilet
The American Standard 270AD001.020 Cadet 3 toilet is another top-quality corner toilet from a well-known brand. This two-piece toilet has an elongated bowl and a standard height that makes it a very comfortable toilet choice. The toilet is suitable for small bathrooms, and its triangular tank makes it fit right into the corner of your bathroom.
This toilet helps you save water, as it uses only 1.6 GPF. The vitreous china body and EverClean surface make it durable and easy to clean. The toilet also boasts a powerful flushing system. So, you do not have to worry about flushing multiple times.
- This toilet fits into most small bathrooms.
- The toilet is an excellent water-saving option.
- The powerful flushing system guarantees a clean and efficient flush.
- It has an elongated bowl and standard height, making it a pretty comfortable toilet to use.
- The toilet is durable and easy to clean.
- The EverClean toilet makes the toilet a very hygienic choice.
- The seat is not included in the delivery.
- This toilet does not come with a supply line.
Unlike most other toilets, the American Standard 270AD001.020 Cadet 3 Two-Piece toilet comes with a fully installed flushing mechanism. So it’s making the installation process a breeze.
The chances of getting infections due to multiple users are significantly reduced with this toilet, as the EverClean surface prevents bacteria from breeding. The EverClean surface also prevents dirt from sticking, making the toilet easy to clean.
You May Also Like: 5 Best Tankless Toilets Reviews in 2019 & Beyond
2. Renovator’s Supply White Porcelain Elongated Space Saving Toilet
Renovator’s Supply is another toilet brand with excellent products on the market, and the toilet is one of their best products so far. This space-saving toilet has an aesthetically pleasing design that gives your bathroom a classy look. The elongated bowl adds to the comfort of using the toilet. You should also note that the toilet comes with a 12-inch rough-in.
The Renovator’s Toilet is a dual flush toilet that uses 1.6 GPF for the full flush and 0.8 GPF for the partial flush. It makes the toilet an excellent water-saving option. The china finish is stain- and scratch-proof, so apart from being easy to clean, the toilet also retains its look for a longer time.
When you consider all these features, it makes sense that this toilet is highly-rated in most lists of the best corner toilets in the market today.
- The toilet has a sleek design.
- It has a stain- and scratch-proof finish, making it easy to clean.
- This dual flush toilet is water efficient as it only uses 1.6 GPF and 0.8 GPF for the full and partial flushes respectively.
- The toilet is suitable for small spaces.
- The elongated bowl makes using it quite comfortable.
- The toilet does not come with bolt covers and floor bolts, so installation may be a bit tricky.
- Some users have complained about the weak flushing power.
This toilet uses a push-button for initiating the flushing action. It makes using it easy, as you do not have to turn a lever that could get stuck over time. The most significant selling point of this toilet is the Reno-Gloss finish that is resistant to stain and scratch.
3. American Standard Cadet 3 Right Height Round Front Two-Piece Triangle Toilet
American Standard is a well-known toilet manufacturer with many high-quality products in the market. The American Standard 270BD001.020 Cadet 3 toilet that is popular among users. This toilet has a triangular tank that fits right into any corner of your bathroom.
It uses 1.6 gallons of water per flush (GPF), making it perfect for saving water. This toilet is easy to use, and the EverClean surface makes it easy to clean. It also remains clean for a longer time.
The triangular tank and compact size make the toilet an excellent fit for small bathrooms. If you are looking for a corner toilet with an effective flush, then American Standard 270BD001.020 Cadet 3 is a brilliant choice. It has an oversized 3-inch valve that gives it a powerful flush.
- The toilet has a triangular tank that fits into any corner of your bathroom.
- It is a water-saving toilet, as it uses only 1.6 GPF.
- This two-piece toilet is easy to use and clean.
- The toilet uses an oversized 3-inch valve for flushing, giving it an efficient flush.
- The standard height makes it a comfortable toilet.
- The vitreous china body is durable and easy to clean.
- This toilet does not come with a seat.
- It does not come with a supply line.
- It does not fit perfectly against the wall.
The American Standard 270BD001.020 Cadet 3 Two-Piece toilet uses an oversized 3-inch flushing valve that gives it a powerful and clean flush. It has an EverClean surface that prevents the growth of bacteria and mildew. This makes the toilet easy to clean.
Corner Toilets Buying Guide
What is a Corner Toilet?
Corner toilets are similar to the more conventional toilets in many ways, but the most significant difference is the design of the tank. The triangular tanks of these toilets are designed to fit into a corner.
They are not like other conventional toilets that mostly stay in the middle of the bathroom to take up precious space. These toilets are constructed to make your small bathrooms roomier. So you can add more hardware to your bathroom and still be able to move around freely and comfortably.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Corner Toilet
Buying a corner toilet goes beyond going through a list and selecting one randomly. You have to ensure that you get the best fit for your bathroom while also considering its quality. Here are some essential things to consider before buying a corner toilet.
Not all corner toilets are alike; they have different dimensions that you should take into consideration before buying. Some of these toilets are smaller than others. So before choosing one, find out the dimension that will best fit your small bathroom.
This step could be the difference between getting a small toilet that ends up becoming too big for your bathroom and one that fits perfectly. The dimensions of the toilets usually provided in the manufacturer’s specifications for the toilet. Check out their websites before purchasing them.
The water-saving feature of a toilet is an essential thing to consider no matter what kind of toilet you are getting. After all, it has a direct impact on your water bill.
The more water a toilet needs to flush, the more you will spend. Therefore, the smart thing to do is get a toilet that will help you save water and consequently reduce your yearly water bill.
The flushing power of a toilet and its size are not related, so you do not have to compromise on flushing power when selecting your toilet. There are new and robust systems on the market nowadays that will give your small toilet an impressive flushing power.
The flushing system could also affect how much water your toilet would save. Because toilets with weak flushing power sometimes require multiple flushing, which means they use up more water. Apart from this, toilets with powerful flushing actions are more convenient to use.
Pay attention then to the flushing system of the toilet you are getting.
The seat of a toilet is a good indicator of how comfortable using it will be. Always pay attention to the seat height because if the seat height is shorter than you would like it to be, you will be stuck with a very uncomfortable toilet. One other thing to consider is if the seat comes with the toilet.
Some toilets do not include a seat in their package. It adds to the cost of getting the whole piece, as you have to purchase the seat separately. Thus, while considering the height of the seat, you should also check for toilets that come with a seat.
Installation Process of Corner Toilets
Installing a corner toilet is a bit different from conventional toilets because of the difference in design. Follow the simple steps below for easy installation:
- First, you need to determine the location of the rough-in of the toilet.
- Press the wax ring in position on a flange and make sure that the threaded edge is facing up.
- Install the anchor bolts through the flange and make sure the bolts are pointing upwards.
- Lift the toilet to align the bolts and the mounting holes. It is crucial that they be perfectly aligned.
- Set the seat of the toilet carefully on the floor then gradually apply pressure to fit tightly with the already installed wax ring. Moving the seat carelessly at this point may break it, so it should be handled carefully.
- Tighten the whole connection with the appropriate washers and nuts. If the toilet is not level before tightening, you can level it by putting a shim at the base of the toilet.
- An adjustable wrench should be used to tighten the bolts and nuts. You should be careful not to make them too tight, as it may cause cracks that will inevitably lead to damage to the toilet.
- Ensure that the bolts are well-trimmed and place a cap on the bolts.
- Installing a two-piece toilet requires you to slide the bolts of the tank through the holes available for mounting on the base.
- After placing the tank on the bowl, ensure that the bolts are well tightened with the nuts and washers.
- The supply tubes should be connected to the water supply. Make sure you flush the toilet many times to confirm if there are cracks or leaks in the whole setup.
- Finally, use the available bolts to thread the seat to the bowl.
After following these steps, the installation of your corner toilet is done.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Corner toilets are just becoming popular nowadays because of the increasing need for them. It makes sense then that there are many questions associated with these toilets. Some questions that often come up include the following.
1. Can a corner toilet be placed at the center of the bathroom wall?
They are made in a way that they will install in any corner of the bathroom. This is the best way to take advantage of their space-saving features.
Of course, you can decide to put your toilet anywhere you want, even if it is not in the corner of your bathroom. You would have to cover the tank with something, though, so that your toilet would not look funny given the tank’s triangular shape.
2. What are the benefits of using a corner toilet?
Choosing a corner toilet over other conventional toilets offers you many benefits. Here are some of them:
- Triangle toilets give your bathroom a more open look because your perception of space from a corner is different from your perception of space from the center of a wall. These toilets, then, make your small bathroom look roomier than they really are.
- Creating more space in a room sometimes requires tearing down the walls, but with corner toilets, you will not have to do this. Just change the existing toilet to a corner toilet, and you will notice a difference in how much space you have to work within your bathroom.
- Changing to a toilet allows you to install more features in your bathroom. Depending on the size and shape of your bathroom, for example, swapping your existing toilet for a corner toilet may create the space you need to install a bathtub.
- Although the corner is a little different from other toilets, they still use many features similar to the ones in other toilets. They also have dual flush systems, powerful flushing systems, and water-saving features.
3. What are the disadvantages of using corner toilets?
Although using a corner toilet has many advantages, there are also some weaknesses in using them. Some of the disadvantages of using corner toilets include the following.
- Installing a corner toilet has proven to be trickier than usual. This is because of the location of the main drain and water supply as well as the tight space you have to work with.
- The tight location of these toilets makes repairs a bit of work. Getting access to the plumbing system will be tedious sometimes because of the corners where they are located.
- They are not very popular in the market at the moment, so getting parts for them may be a little challenging. This is why these toilets do not come in many colors and design choices.
- If you decide to switch from your conventional toilet to the corner toilet, you will have to change the location of the main drain. This may incur more cost, as you will have to break parts of the floor to relocate the drain.
There are different ways to make your small bathroom look bigger, but one of the most overlooked but efficient ways to do this is to switch to a corner toilet. It offers you most of the features you get from conventional toilets and then some.
They have dual flushing systems as well as water-saving features. You can also find corner toilets with a powerful flush. One of the major selling points of these toilets is their efficient space-managing feature.
It is more challenging to install than conventional toilets, though. If you can look past this, you will be getting a toilet that allows you to add more features to your bathroom. The corner toilet you get must be of the highest quality and with the right dimension to fit your bathroom.
If you are looking for a toilet that will fit perfectly into your small bathroom without sacrificing flushing power, looks, and water-saving feature. Just choose from any of the corner toilets reviewed here.