Taking a shower every day is very refreshing and can start your day right. That is until you get to the mirror and don’t see your face because it is fogged up. The solution? Get a bathroom exhaust fan! Not only does it get rid of the moist air in your bathroom, but it also prevents the growth of molds and mildew, which can be bad for your health. Bathroom exhaust fans get rid of unpleasant odors, too.
There are a lot of ventilating fans in the market, of course. Not all models are the same, so it can be confusing which one to get. Exhaust fans will help keep your bathroom ventilated at all times, so it is vital to buy a good one.
To help you decide, we came up with a review of the 12 best bathroom exhaust fans in the market today. Choose any of these to make your bathroom experience comfortable.
Best Bathroom Exhaust Fans In 2019: Quick Comparision
|Image||Product Name||Noise (Sones)||Air Flow (CFM)||Latest Price|
|Delta Breez SLM70 Slim||2.0 Sones||70 CFM||Check Price|
|KAZE APPLIANCE SE90TL2 Ultra Quiet||0.3 Sones||90 CFM||Check Price|
|BV Ultra-Quiet Exhaust Fan||0.8 Sones||90 CFM||Check Price|
|Panasonic FV-08WQ1 WhisperWall||1.1 Sones||70 CFM||Check Price|
|Delta Breez GreenBuilder GBR80HLED||0.8 Sones||80 CFM||Check Price|
|Broan QTX110HL Ultra Bath Fan||0.9 Sones||110 CFM||Check Price|
|Delta BreezGreenBuilder GBR100||1.4 Sones||100 CFM||Check Price|
|Panasonic FV-11VHL2 WhisperWarm||0.7 Sones||110 CFM||Check Price|
|Broan SPK110 Speaker Fan||1.0 Sones||110 CFM||Check Price|
|Panasonic FV-15VQL6 WhisperLite||1.0 Sones||150 CFM||Check Price|
|Panasonic FV-30VQ3 WhisperCeiling||2.0 Sones||290 CFM||Check Price|
|VES 24″ Exhaust Shutter Fan||N/A||5850 CFM||Check Price|
1. Delta Breez SLM70 Slim 70 CFM Exhaust Fan
Delta is a well-respected brand in the ventilation industry. It is the largest provider of brushless fans and switching power supplies in the world. With over 40 years of experience in producing products that are well-rated by consumers, the Delta group sure deserves its excellent reputation in the industry.
The Delta Breez SLM70 Slim 70 CFM Exhaust Fan is a high-quality product from this manufacturer. It offers a variety of amazing features, moving air at a speed of 70 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which allows for proper ventilation. It is also quiet with a noise of only 2 sones.
The beautiful thing about this Delta exhaust fan is its energy-saving feature. It is both Energy Star certified and ASHRAE compliant, which means you won’t have to worry about your electric bill going up with an energy savings of up to 85%. Its UL is listed for dual functions, too, both as a ceiling fan and a wall fan, so you have the option to choose either one.
The Delta Breez SLM70 has a brushless motor design that ensures durability, while its galvanized steel construction prevents corrosion. It has a modern grille design, too, making your bathroom look nice and classy.
- It is both Energy Star certified and ASHRAE compliant, making it an energy saver.
- It is affordable given all its features.
- It runs noiselessly.
- It moves air at a flow capacity of 70 CFM.
- It is UL listed.
- It is very easy to install.
- It doesn’t filter air and allows unconditioned air with debris, dirt, and insects into your bathroom.
- There is no nightlight feature.
- Instructions for installation can be confusing.
- Its humidity sensor doesn’t work.
The Delta Breez SLM70 Slim 70 CFM Exhaust Fan is best for those who are looking for a bathroom exhaust fan that’s inexpensive but high quality. It is noiseless, durable, and energy saver.
2. KAZE APPLIANCE SE90TL2 Ultra Quiet 90-CFM 0.3 Sones Bathroom Exhaust fan
The name KAZE (pronounced “Kah-zay”) is a Japanese word meaning “wind,” and this company does an excellent job of manufacturing products that move air. The KAZE Appliance SE90TL2 Ultra Quiet 90-CFM 0.3 Sone Bathroom Exhaust fan, for example, is a highly-rated exhaust fan that combines ventilation and overhead lighting.
The fan includes an 11-watt LED light, and a 2-watt LED nightlight that’s expected to work for 30,000 hours, a very long time of giving you the soft light you need when you have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. The fan’s components are high quality as well, ensuring durability and efficiency, and the motor is permanently lubricated, ensuring a continuous hitch-free operation.
This model is extremely quiet, too, as it operates at a noise level of only 0.3 sones while moving air at 90 CFM. The dual duct size offers both 4″ and 6″ round duct. Inbuilt hamper technology is available to prevent backdraft. KAZE did a fantastic job with the energy-saving capacity as it only consumes 120V of electricity. To top it all, it incorporates double hanger mounting bars for ease of installation.
- It is easy to install.
- It has a 90 CFM airflow capacity.
- It is Energy Star rated, which means it is an energy-saving model.
- It includes an inbuilt damper to prevent backdraft.
- It has dual duct sizes.
- It operates very quietly, with a noise of only 0.3 sones.
- Its materials are of high quality with a permanently-lubricated motor.
- Its nightlight and extra light feature mean you won’t have to use the bathroom in the dark.
- It is not suitable for large bathrooms.
- The light feature sometimes doesn’t work properly, and the light is too dim.
- It doesn’t move enough air as the mirror still fogs up.
If you are looking for a quiet fan that’s durable and has a nightlight, the KAZE Appliance SE90TL2 Ultra Quiet 90-CFM 0.3 Sones Bathroom Exhaust Fan would be best for you. It provides proper ventilation for any bathroom as well as overhead lighting for those middle of the night trips to the bathroom. It is Energy Star qualified, too, which means it will not increase your electric bills. The manufacturer provides a 3-year warranty for parts.
3. BV Ultra-Quiet 90 CFM, 0.8 Sone Bathroom Ventilation, and Exhaust Fan
BV USA provides a range of bathroom and kitchen ventilation products that are highly rated in the market. This particular product, the BV Ultra-Quiet 90 CFM, 0.8 Sone Bathroom Ventilation and Exhaust Fan, is a good representation of the company’s commitment to quality.
This BV exhaust fan moves air at a rate of 90 CFM and does this so quietly at 0.8 sones that you’d barely know it’s working. The fan’s housing is a galvanized stainless steel jacket, reducing corrosion and making it very durable. It is Energy Star certified, which means it is an energy saver, consuming only 120V of electricity.
It has a long-lasting, heavy-duty motor, too, ensuring years of continuous service. The grille design is classy and fits into any bathroom. Most importantly, it is easy to install.
- The fan is easy to install.
- It saves energy, using only 120V.
- It is durable and can work for an extended period non-stop.
- It operates with little noise.
- The stainless steel body protects it from corrosion.
- It is UL certified, and HVI certified.
- It has a 1-year limited product warranty.
- It is not suitable for large bathrooms.
- There is no nightlight provided.
- The grille doesn’t seal properly on the ceiling.
When it comes to bathroom fans, the BV Ultra-Quiet 90 CFM, 0.8 Sone Bathroom Ventilation, and Exhaust Fan is the right choice. It is a well-made product with durable housing, heavy-duty motor, and super quiet performance.
4. Panasonic FV-08WQ1 WhisperWall 70 CFM Wall Mounted Fan
Panasonic is a brand well-known for its high-quality products. It is leading in the market for bathroom exhaust fans. Like all its Whisper models, the Panasonic FV-08WQ1 WhisperWall 70 CFM Wall Mounted Fan is also another high-quality product that’s designed mostly for through-the-wall mounting where a ceiling-mounted fan is not possible.
This wall-mounted bathroom fan has an exterior flap with a backdraft damper that does not allow cold air to flow from outside. Its condenser motor is enclosed, protecting it to ensure years of service. It has a double suction blower wheel that moves air quietly at 70 CFM, with a noise level of only 0.8 sones.
The housing of the Panasonic FV-08WQ1 WhisperWall is made of heavy-duty zinc galvanized steel, protecting it from corrosion. It also comes with a 3-year parts warranty, which allows you to get optimum value for your money.
- It has a permanently lubricated motor and thermal cut-off fuse to prevent overheating.
- It is made of heavy-duty galvanized steel that ensures durability.
- It is an Energy Star qualified appliance, which means it is an energy saver.
- It is easy to install.
- It operates noiselessly at only 0.8 sones.
- It includes a damper that prevents cold air from getting back into your bathroom from outside.
- It has a 3-year warranty for all parts.
- It does not have a nightlight.
- It is a bit pricey compared to other models.
- The backdraft flapper outside can be easily opened by strong winds, letting air back into the bathroom.
If you need an exhaust fan in the bathroom but can’t put one on your ceiling, get the through-the-wall mounted Panasonic FV-08WQ1 WhisperWall 70 CFM. As a Panasonic product, its high-quality components are guaranteed to provide years of satisfactory service.
5. Delta Breez GreenBuilder GBR80HLED 80 CFM Exhaust Bath Fan
Another amazing product in Delta’s Breez series, the Delta Breez GreenBuilder GBR80HLED 80 CFM Exhaust Bath Fan, has an increased airflow capacity of 80 CFM that will efficiently ventilate your bathroom. It works noiselessly too, at a noise level of only 0.8 sones, so you won’t even notice it’s working. This model is also an energy saver, saving up to 86% energy, making it both Energy Star certified and ASHRAE compliant.
It incorporates a dimmable LED light, which means you can decide how bright or how dim the light should be when you need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. Its humidity detector means it won’t turn on unless it’s required, further saving energy.
The brushless motor design of this Delta Breez model is durable, and its compact and lightweight design makes for an easy installation process.
- It is Energy Star certified, saving 86% energy compared to other competing models.
- It operates very quietly at only 0.8 sones.
- It has an airflow capacity of 80 CFM.
- It is UL and Energy Star certified and ASHRAE complaint.
- It includes an energy-efficient LED light.
- Its galvanized steel construction heightens its durability.
- It is easy to install.
- It is not recommended for retrofit installation.
- The bulb burns out quickly.
- The LED light doesn’t look fully dim.
- Humidity detector switch is not efficient.
Energy efficiency is an essential factor in any appliance nowadays. The Delta Breez GreenBuilder GBR80HLED 80 CFM Exhaust Bath Fan is an energy-saver, even with its powerful airflow capacity and LED module. Its DC brushless motor is durable and reliable, while its attractive grille will fit any bathroom design.
6. Broan QTX110HL Ultra Silent Series Bath Fan
Like Panasonic and Delta, Broan is also a respected and leading manufacturer of residential ventilation products. The Broan QTX110HL Ultra Silent Series Bath Fan with Heater and Light is perfect for homes with no central heating. This fan doesn’t only keep your bathroom ventilated, and it also keeps it lighted for middle-of-the-night bathroom usage, as well as heated with its high-performance metal blower wheel.
This BROAN QT Series model operates noiselessly at 0.9 sone, which is impressive given it moves air at 110 CFM. It provides lighting at 120 watts (the two 60W incandescent bulbs are sold separately) with a 7-watt nightlight capacity and supplemental heat with its high-output 1500-watt heater.
The fan’s galvanized steel housing means it is durable and can last for years. Its white polymeric grille, on the other hand, looks classically stylish and would fit in any bathroom decor.
It is also easy to install and has a 6-in duct diameter and fits a 2 x 8-inch ceiling construction. To top it all off, it includes a 1-year limited warranty.
- It provides lighting (bulbs sold separately) as well as a nightlight.
- It is HVI certified, and Energy Star qualified, making it an energy saver.
- It operates noiselessly at only 0.9 sones.
- It takes out damp air very quickly because of its capacity of 110 CFM.
- Its grille design looks nice and classy.
- It is easy to install.
- Its heater provides supplemental heating to keep your bathroom warm.
- It can’t fit into a standard 3″ duct.
- The heating element is not very durable.
- It’s not suitable for larger bathrooms.
When you want a bathroom exhaust fan that also has a nightlight and heater, the Broan QTX110HL Ultra Silent Series Bath Fan with Heater and Light would definitely fit the bill. It’s durable and operates quietly, making even middle-of-the-night visits to your bathroom comfortable.
7. Delta BreezGreenBuilder GBR100 100CFM Exhaust Bath Fan
Delta is a leading name in the ventilation industry, given that three of its products ended up in this best bathroom exhaust fan review. Like the other two Delta fans mentioned already, this Delta BreezGreenBuilder GBR100 100 CFM Exhaust Bath Fan is another product to watch.
It has an increased airflow capacity of 100 CFM, making ventilation a breeze. It is Energy Star qualified, and HVI certified, making it an energy-saving product, as it saves up to 74% of energy compared to other similar competing brands.
The Delta BreezGreenBuilder GBR100’s innovation combines style, quality, and power with a noise rating of only 1.4 sones. Its galvanized steel housing and its DC brushless motor make it a durable product, ensuring you get years of uninterrupted service.
It has an indicator light, too, to show you that the fan is working even if you can’t hear it. It is UL listed for dual functions; you can use it either as a ceiling fan or a wall-mounted fan. It is also easy to install as it has a smaller size than others on the market.
- It provides energy savings of up to 74% compared to other competing models.
- Given its powerful 100 CFM capacity, it is quiet at only 1.4 sones.
- It can be used both as a ceiling fan or as a wall-mounted fan.
- It is easy to install.
- It is affordable.
- It includes an indicator light.
- It is not designed well.
- There were shipping problems as not all parts were included in the delivery.
- It doesn’t work well in larger bathrooms.
For a powerful bathroom exhaust fan, Delta does have anything you need. The Delta BreezGreenBuilder GBR100 100 CFM Exhaust Bath Fan, for example, provides you with the power you need to keep your bathrooms ventilated. This model moves air quickly, noiselessly, and efficiently.
8. Panasonic FV-11VHL2 WhisperWarm 110 CFM Ceiling Mounted Fan
Panasonic is a brand well-known for its high-quality products. It is no wonder then that this company manufactures the first and second exhaust fans on this list.
Like the WhisperCeiling, the Panasonic FV-11VHL2 WhisperWarm ventilating fan is also a quality product that you would want for your bathroom. With a speed of 110 CFM, this ceiling-mounted fan is one of the best bathroom exhaust fans you can get. It is durable; it is made of heavy-gauge zinc galvanized steel, which is coated with paint to prevent rusting. It also incorporates a tubular heating element enclosed in stainless steel as well as a Nichrome wire infused with magnesium dioxide to allow the most advantageous heat transfer.
The Panasonic WhisperWarm fan includes a heater and two 18W fluorescent bulbs for a night light. This feature makes it distinct from other fans in its category. Also, you will find a blower wheel among its components that draws air on both sides, allowing for a larger surface area for air to pass through.
Though not as quiet as the Panasonic WhisperCeiling, the WhisperWarm is still relatively noiseless with a noise of 0.7 sones (as opposed to 0.3 for WhisperCeiling). The great news is that WhisperWarm only consumes 30.60W of power regardless of its amazing three in one feature; it is definitely an energy-saving exhaust fan.
- It is rustproof as its galvanized steel is appropriately coated in paint.
- It saves energy despite its many features as it consumes 120V of electricity only.
- It comes with two-night lights, so you don’t need your bathroom light turned on, thus saving electric consumption.
- It is quiet compared to other fans in its category, with a noise of only 0.7 sones.
- It has a heater that keeps the bathroom warm and keeps cold air out.
- It is durable because of its built-in condenser motor that’s adequately protected.
- Installing the WhisperWarm is an easy task as most of its components are already built-in.
- It is a ceiling-mounted fan; hence, cleaning it will need a lot of care to prevent damage.
- When faulty, it can be expensive to repair.
The Panasonic WhisperWarm ceiling-mounted fan is especially suitable for older houses with bathrooms that need to be heated. Its room-warming capability brings quick comfort every time you need to use the bathroom at night. It is quieter, warmer, and easier to install than other bathroom exhaust fans in its category.
9. Broan SPK110 110-CFM 1.0-Sones Sensonic Speaker Fan
If you like listening to music while taking a shower, you don’t need to bring your Bluetooth speakers and mobile phone to the bathroom and risk getting them wet. Just get the Broan SPK110 110 CFM Sensonic Speaker Fan, and you get a bathroom exhaust fan and speaker in one.
Enclosed in a 26-Gauge, galvanized steel construction, this ventilating fan/speaker is definitely durable. Its dual high-fidelity sensonic speakers can play any audio you want, whether it’s music or early morning news. The fan is Energy Star-rated, HVI-certified, and UL-listed. It is a quiet operator with a noise level of only 1.0 sones. It can be used over your bathtub or shower when installed with a GFCI protected branch circuit. It comes with light bulbs, too, and an optional hanger that is sold separately.
This quality Broan SPK110 fan is also very fast when it comes to taking out moist air. Its airflow capacity is 110 CFM, which is pretty high. Its motor is engineered for constant operation, and it only consumes 43.6W of power and 110V of electricity regardless of all its features. Installation might be a bit challenging as the fan is bigger than usual. The installation manual is clear enough for most users, though.
- It is Energy Star-rated and HVI-certified.
- It is UL-listed and can be used over the bathtub or shower.
- It uses the only 110V, hence saving energy.
- Its Bluetooth range is superb and can connect from a considerable distance.
- The speakers produce an interestingly good sound quality for its size.
- The fan is quiet, and its sound doesn’t overshadow the speakers.
- It comes with optional hangers and light bulbs that are bought separately.
- The fan must be turned on for the speaker to work, and it doesn’t operate independently.
- The design needs a bit of work as the speaker is pinned in place with two set screws only.
- The installation is a bit tricky and requires skill.
The Broan SPK110 110 CFM Sensonic Speaker Fan is a bathroom exhaust fan that plays music and provides sufficient ventilation that efficiently and quickly clears humidity and odors. It is a favorite among music lovers.
10. Panasonic FV-15VQL6 WhisperLite Bathroom Ventilation Fan
Panasonic is leading in the market for bathroom exhaust fans. Like its WhisperCeiling and WhisperWarm models, the Panasonic FV-15VQL6 WhisperLite ventilation fan is also another high-quality product that’s not only good for home bathrooms but for commercial establishments, as well.
The Panasonic WhisperLite comes in a galvanized steel casing, making it durable and last for years. Its ventilation speed is superb with an airflow capacity of 150 CFM. It is easy to install, flexible, and just like any other unit in the Panasonic Whisper series, it is quiet with a noise level of only 1.0 sones. It is Energy Star-rated, too, and meets the ventilation standard required by LEED for Homes, CA Title 24, and other green building standards.
WhisperLite fits into a 2’’ x 8’’ ceiling and has a double hanger bar system that is expandable up to 24 inches. It includes two 13W CFLs with current limiting devices and a night lamp. There’s a built-in damper that keeps the cold air out, preventing backdraft and protecting the thermal fuse. The condenser can continuously operate for 30,000 hours. It also comes with a 3-year warranty.
- The Panasonic WhisperLite is easy to install and incorporates a hanger system that makes it flexible.
- It is Energy Star, LEED, ASHRAE 62.2, and CA Title 24 compliant.
- It takes away moist air quickly as it has an impressive airflow capacity of 150 CFM.
- It saves energy and does not increase your electric bill.
- It comes with night lights and two CFLs, so you don’t need an extra bulb in your bathroom.
- It operates quietly and includes a damper that keeps out cold air.
- It has a 3-year warranty.
- It is a bit pricey.
- It is bigger than a regular fan and heavier. It won’t be easy to replace with a smaller one.
The Panasonic FV-15VQL6 WhisperLite ventilating fan is a powerful bathroom exhaust fan that meets and exceeds several green building standards. It is quiet, energy-efficient, easy to install, and is highly rated by past and present users.
11. Panasonic FV-30VQ3 WhisperCeiling 290 CFM Ceiling Mounted Fan
If you have a big bathroom (or an always busy one), and you need a mighty fan that remains relatively quiet, the Panasonic FV-30VQ3 WhisperCeiling 290 CFM is an excellent choice.
Encased in white-painted steel, it is an Energy Star-certified product that is amazing too light (4 pounds) and too quiet for its functionality. It comes with a properly enclosed condenser and extra-large suction sirocco blower wheel for durability. It saves energy and moves a vast quantity of air in a short time with an airflow capacity of 290 CFM. It comes with mounting brackets that make it easy to install, too.
The Panasonic FV-30VQ3 WhisperCeiling functions quietly; you would think it is not even turned on. Its motors are permanently lubricated and created for constant functioning; you don’t have to worry about fixing your fan for a long time. It comes with a 3-year warranty.
- It is Energy Star-certified.
- It consumes only 120V of electricity, thus saving electricity.
- It operates so quietly; you won’t even know it’s there.
- It takes moist air faster than the rest in its category because of its airflow of 290 CFM.
- It offers a 3-year warranty.
- It lasts really long because it is properly coated.
- It is a bit pricey.
- It is not as easy to install because it doesn’t include mounting hardware.
- It is quite big and will need some adjustments to your ceiling to fit in properly.
For a big bathroom or a very busy one, you would need a ventilating fan that moves air quickly, efficiently, and quietly. The Panasonic FV-30VQ3 WhisperCeiling 290 CFM Ceiling Mounted Fan checks all these boxes.
12. VES 24″ Exhaust Shutter Fan
Unlike the first 6 exhaust fans mentioned above, the last (but not the least) ventilating fan mentioned in this review is a wall fan. It is not meant to be used for bathrooms, but rather, for factories, warehouses, garages, attics, and even restaurants. Its really high airflow capacity of 5850 CFM can remove condensation, obnoxious fumes, and excessive heat very quickly.
This industrial grade exhaust fan has a shutter made of aluminum to ensure resistance to corrosion. Its airflow capacity can be adjusted in three speeds; it includes a built-in speed control switch. It can function for over 10,000 hours and 12 years of constant use.
The VES 24″ Exhaust Shutter Fan weighs 32 pounds and comes with easy to use features. It comes with a 9″ cord, so all you have to do is plug it into a switch. The motor is insulated, CSA-US approved, and completely enclosed with Rotors balanced to reduce noise. It does not require maintenance and is OSHA-compliant. It is usually delivered assembled already, so you don’t have to worry about assembly.
- It is easy to use, with no need for assembly.
- It takes out moist air and odor at a terribly fast rate.
- It has variable speeds, with a maximum of 5850 CFM, which is pretty powerful.
- It has a built-in speed switch, and its motor is insulated.
- It is a wall fan and can be cleaned easily.
- It is ideal for large areas.
- For fans with its functionality, it is the least expensive.
- It is noisy when functioning at high speeds.
- It is heavy and should be placed on a platform that can support its weight.
This industrial grade exhaust fan is an excellent choice for large rooms. The VES 24″ Exhaust Shutter Fan would do best in restaurants, agricultural factories, garages, and other similar big spaces.
Best Bathroom Exhaust Fans Buying Guide
A bathroom exhaust fan is essential if you want to keep the molds and mildew out of your bathroom or any enclosed space. There are several brands and models of exhaust fans in the market today, so it can be confusing if you are shopping for one. When choosing what’s best for your bathroom, consider the following features.
Airflow capacity is the number 1 feature you should look at when choosing a fan for your bathroom. The bigger the airflow capacity, the more powerful it is in moving air. However, consider the size of your bathroom and the moisture level before you pick a product. Exhaust fans best for most bathrooms have an airflow capacity ranging from 80 to 210 CFM. The larger your bathroom, the bigger the capacity you should pick.
Another factor to consider is the noise level. You would not be comfortable if your bathroom fan is too noisy. Most bathroom fans have noise ranges that are below 1.0 sones. The ideal range for a quiet bathroom would be between 0.3 to 2.0 sones.
Power Saving Bulbs and Night Lights
When you want to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, the last thing you want to do is turn on the light. A night light, therefore, is essential. However, choose bulbs that save energy. You don’t want to increase your electric bill just because you installed a new bathroom fan. Most of the regular wattage for the bulb lies within 18 to 20W.
Not all bathroom fans have a heating function. It can be handy if you are living in a cold country or if you have an older house that doesn’t have heated bathrooms. It can mean the difference between a cozy bathroom experience and a miserable one.
Color and Design
Everyone loves a bit of class and style, so when choosing a bathroom fan, you should choose one with a color and style that blends with your bathroom design. You don’t want your fan to be the odd one out. While selecting a style, make sure it’s quality too.
The whole idea of having a bathroom fan is to keep the bathroom adequately ventilated and to keep moist air out. So you should get yourself products that will allow for proper cross ventilation. Some fans have dampers that keep the cold air out, whereas some others have a system that opens up to the outside, letting air circulate inside.
These are the features that collectively help you in choosing the ideal ventilating fan for your bathroom. Take everything into consideration and see if the fan you are looking at will be a good fit for your bathroom.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How long should your bathroom exhaust fan be left to run?
HVI recommends that 20 minutes is the time required for the fan to clear all the humid air and to ensure that water droplets do not form on the surface of the fan.
2. What airflow capacity do you need for your bathroom?
Airflow capacity is measured in CFM. Ventilation rates of 8 air cycles per hour are usually recommended. To ensure that you have the ideal fan for your bathroom, you have to take the dimensions of the room and multiply. For instance, a 10’’ by 7’’ room will require a 70 CFM fan.
3. Can an exhaust fan be placed over a shower?
Yes, as long as it is a UL-listed fan with a GFCI circuit that allows it to be installed over the shower or the bathtub.
4. How important is a bathroom fan?
A bathroom fan is necessary for the removal of moisture and bad odor from your bathroom. It also helps to keep you healthy as it takes away toxic fumes and bad odors that could cause one disease or another.
5. Should all bathrooms have an exhaust fan?
If the bathroom has an operable window, there is no need for an exhaust fan.
The importance of bathroom exhaust fans cannot be overemphasized. These fans improve air quality inside the bathrooms as moist air, and unpleasant odors are quickly and efficiently moved out. When choosing an exhaust fan for your bathroom, make sure you are picking one that provides the best fit for your bathroom.
This article is meant to guide you on the kinds of exhaust fans in the market today. The fans listed here have been rated highly by previous users on bathroom exhaust fans review websites. Take the first step towards a cleaner and healthier bathroom by getting one of these fans to eliminate all humidity, moisture, and unpleasant odors.