Toilets are an essential part of your home. Some houses have one toilet while others have more. It is undoubtedly a major aspect of your house and needs your attention. Toilets last for years, but when they do start to have problems, it’s best to address them right away. After all, it’s easier now more than ever to buy a toilet. You don’t need to check out one home improvement store after another. Just go online, read reviews, and buy the toilet that’s best for your needs.
If you have ordered toilets online, you would know that there are a lot of factors to consider when choosing your toilet. You would want a nice-looking toilet that is easy to install and fits perfectly in your bathrooms. You would also want the toilet to be comfortable to use and easy to clean. It should be an excellent water-saver, too, so you won’t get hit by huge water bills every month. Getting all these features in a single toilet may prove difficult especially if you are ordering the older two-piece toilet models.
You can save yourself the trouble of a prolonged search by buying a one-piece toilet. They are more compact, making them easier to transport and clean. One major drawback to ordering a two-piece toilet is the fact that the two parts sometimes arrive separately, which can be up to a week. This affects your installation plans, as it is difficult to plan for the installation when the two pieces are not together. However, you will not have this problem with a toilet.
We have put together a list of the 7 best one-piece toilets on the market today to make your choice an easier one.
Best One Piece Toilets in 2019: Quick Comparision
|Image||Product Name||GPF||Dimensions||Latest Price|
|TOTO MS604114CEFG#01 Ultramax II Het Double Cyclone||1.28 GPF||35 x 33 x 23 inches||Check Price|
|WOODBRIDGE T-0001 W Dual Flush Elongated One-Piece Toilet||1.28 GPF||31 x 18 x 28 inches||Check Price|
|TOTO MS854114S#12 Ultramax Elongated One-Piece Toilet||1.6 GPF||28 x 17 x 28 inches||Check Price|
|American Standard Champion-4 Right Height One-Piece Elongated Toilet||1.6 GPF||17.8 x 29.8 x 29.5 inches||Check Price|
|WinZo WZ5027 3 Cyclone Elongated ADA One Piece Toilet||N/A||17.3 x 16.5 x 15 inches||Check Price|
|WoodBridge T-0008 Luxury Bidet Toilet||N/A||28.5 x 14.5 x 27.5 inches||Check Price|
|Duravit 2157010005 Durastyle Toilet||1.6 GPF||14.6 x 28.4 x 29 inches||Check Price|
1. TOTO Ultramax II Het Double Cyclone Toilet
Toto is a well-respected manufacturer known for the high-quality toilets they have on the market. The Toto MS604114CEFG#01 Ultramax II toilet is a popular choice among users because of its design and functionality. It has an elongated bowl and a universal seat height, making it comfortable to use. The toilet uses only 1.28 gallons of water per flush (GPF), which meets EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) WaterSense requirements.
The toilet features a SoftClose seat and a quiet flush that makes it one of the best rated one-piece toilets today. The impressive SanaGloss technology used on this toilet forms an ionized barrier around the body, making it easy to clean and prevent molds and bacteria from growing on it. This Toto-patented technology also makes this toilet retain its shine for a long time.
- The toilet is comfortable to use and clean.
- It uses 1.28 GPF, making it an excellent choice for saving water.
- The elongated bowl and universal seat height make it comfortable to use.
- The toilet has a SoftClose seat.
- It uses a powerful and quiet flush.
- This toilet is designed to give you maximum comfort.
- The toilet is a bit on the pricey side.
- Although the height is ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant, it is still a little too high for some users.
The SanaGloss technology used in building this toilet is unique. The ionized barrier prevents dirt from sticking to the surface of the toilet, making it easy to clean. It also repels molds, bacteria, and particles. It uses a Double Cyclone system of flushing, which forces waste out of the toilet from two nozzles.
2. WOODBRIDGE W Dual Flush Elongated One-Piece Toilet
If you are looking for a well-designed, easy-to-use toilet, the Woodbridge T-0001 W Dual Flush model is an excellent choice. It has a classy look that adds to the modern finish of your bathroom. The SoftClose seat means you do not have to worry about the seat slamming down after each use. This dual flush toilet is a good water saving option, using only 1.6 GPF for the full flush and 1.0 GPF for the partial flush.
Just like most one-piece toilets, the Woodbridge T-0001 W toilet is easy to install and comfortable to clean. This toilet is designed for a comfortable installation, as it comes with a pre-fitted seat, instructions, bolts, and a wrench tool. The seat height makes it suitable for use by most adults. The toilet has a small and compact design, which is why it is usually recommended for small bathrooms.
- The toilet is easy to install and clean.
- Using this toilet is a great way to save water.
- It has a comfortable seat height, making it suitable for most adults
- It has a SoftClose seat.
- The flushing action of this toilet is quiet and powerful.
- This toilet is also suitable for use in small bathrooms.
- The flush buttons have to be held down for flushing to begin.
- The toilet is not certified by EPA WaterSense.
- It comes only in white.
The Woodbridge T-0001 W Dual Flush toilet uses a siphon flush system that makes flushing very quiet and powerful. It has a skirted trapway, which is also a factor that makes it easy to clean.
3. TOTO Ultramax Elongated One-Piece Toilet
This toilet is another excellent product from Toto. While older than most of the other toilets reviewed, its sturdy design and excellent functionality make it popular among users. The one-piece construction makes installation and cleaning of the toilet a breeze. It has a 3-inch flush valve that produces a very powerful flushing action that is also quiet.
The toilet uses 1.6 GPF, which is lower than the amount used by many other toilet models. This toilet also takes less space because of its round bowl, making it perfect for small bathrooms. These features make it deserving of a place on the list of the best one-piece toilets on the market today.
- This is pretty easy to clean and install.
- The toilet features a powerful flushing system.
- It has a convenient SoftClose seat.
- It uses only 1.6 GPF, making it an excellent water-saving option.
- The round bowl makes it suitable for use in small spaces.
- The toilet is a bit expensive.
- It requires regular cleaning.
- It is made of porcelain so it is less durable than toilets made of vitreous china.
The Toto MS854114S#12 Ultramax toilet uses SanaGloss finish, which prevents bacteria and mold from growing on the toilet. It also preserves the shiny finish of the toilet. The 3-inch G-Max flush valve gives the toilet a very powerful and quiet flush.
4. American Standard Champion-4 Right Height One-Piece Elongated Toilet
When it comes to toilets, few brands are more established than American Standard. They have built their glowing reputation on years of producing excellent products. The American Standard 2034314.020 Champion-4 toilet is one of these products. This toilet is easy to install and use, and the 1.6 GPF makes it an excellent water saver. It also comes with a SoftClose seat.
The bowl is made of vitreous china, making it very durable, while the EverClean glaze prevents the growth of mold, bacteria, and mildew. It has a standard seat height that meets the ADA requirements, making it a comfortable toilet to use. A 4-inch piston activates the flush valve, giving the toilet one of the most potent flushing systems on the market. No wonder it does pretty well on one-piece toilet reviews!
- This toilet does an excellent job of saving water.
- The standard seat height makes it comfortable to use.
- The toilet is easy to install and clean.
- It boasts a powerful flushing system.
- The EverClean surface prevents mold, bacteria, and mildew from growing.
- The toilet can flush up to 1,000 grams of solid waste at a time.
- This toilet is not for the budget-conscious.
- Some users have complained about the cheap-looking plastic seats.
- The toilet is not certified by EPA WaterSense.
The American Standard 2034314.020 Champion-4 has a flush valve that is powered by a 4-inch piston. This produces a very powerful flushing action that is both effective and quiet. The EverClean glaze on the body of this toilet makes it easy to clean because it prevents stain and odor from sticking.
5. WinZo Cyclone Elongated ADA One Piece Toilet
The WinZo WZ5027 3 Cyclone One-Piece toilet is another favorite among users. Not many toilets are as easy to clean as this one. This can be attributed to the fact that it does not have corners or grooves where dirt and germs can hide. One drawback to using this toilet is the fact that it is not very durable and it comes with a warning that highlights this.
This toilet is efficient at saving water, and it has EPA WaterSense certification. This toilet boasts a robust, fast flushing system because of its 360-degree 3 cyclone technology. The standard seat height makes the toilet comfortable for most adults, and it meets the ADA requirements.
- This toilet is designed to be easy to clean and install.
- The standard seat height makes using it very comfortable.
- The toilet is an efficient water saver.
- It boasts a fast and powerful flushing system.
- This toilet has a lightweight build, making transportation and installation easy.
- The toilet has a sleek design that adds to the beauty of your bathroom.
- This toilet is a little more fragile than most other one-piece toilets.
- The toilet does not come with any form of installation instructions.
The WinZo WZ5027 3 Cyclone One-Piece toilet uses a 360-degree cyclone flushing technology that gives a powerful and fast flush. The water seal of this toilet has a scientific design that reduces spill, odor, and keeps the fresh look of your bathroom.
6. WoodBridge Luxury Bidet Toilet
Woodbridge is a well-known toilet brand in the industry. The WoodBridge T-0008 Luxury Bidet Toilet is one of their most elegantly designed toilets that complements the look of your bathroom. This dual flush toilet saves a lot of water by using 1.6 GPF for the full flush and 1.0 GPF for the partial flush.
The bidet seat gives the toilet a classy look and improves the comfort you get from using it. The pre-installed lid makes the toilet easy to install, and the different hygiene wash options it offers makes it easy to clean. The toilet comes with a remote control that makes using it fun and easy.
- This toilet has a sleek modern design.
- It comes with the lid pre-installed.
- The dual flush action helps conserve water.
- The toilet has an LED light that helps you find your way in the dark.
- It has a powerful but quiet flushing action.
- The toilet has a heated seat, making it a very comfortable toilet even during cold months.
- The seat is a little high, making it difficult for shorter people to use the toilet.
- The remote control does not have a flush function.
- It is a bit pricey.
This toilet is in a league of its own when it comes to comfort. When you are done passing waste, a stainless steel self-cleaning nozzle will clean up for you. After this, you get a gentle massage, and an air dryer dries you up. All these features make it one of the best one-piece toilets on the market today. It supplies warm water and it also has a heated seat that can be adjusted through five temperatures.
7. Duravit Durastyle Toilet
This Duravit toilet has a simple and functional design. Its rectangular shape complements its elongated bowl and would look great in any bathroom. It is dual flush, using 1.6 GPF for the full flush and 0.8 GPF for the partial flush. One drawback to buying this toilet is that it does not come with the seat, so you will have to get one separately. The toilet is reasonably priced, and it is highly rated in most one-piece toilet reviews.
The Duravit 2157010005 Durastyle toilet uses an open rim flushing technology that gives it a perfect flushing action. This technology is also easily accessible, making the toilet easy to clean.
- The simple design gives your bathroom a simple, low-profile look.
- This toilet is a great choice for saving water.
- The open rim technology makes cleaning easier.
- The toilet has a powerful flushing system.
- The installation process is straightforward.
- The toilet has a standard seat height, making it suitable for use by most adults.
- The toilet does not come with a toilet seat.
- The toilet does not offer much regarding color options, as it comes only in white.
- Negative #3
The Duravit 2157010005 features an open rim flushing technology that results in a perfect flush. It also makes cleaning more comfortable. The compact size and the 12-inch rough-in makes it a suitable toilet for small spaces.
Best One-Piece Toilets Buying Guide
Picking a toilet (or two) for your home is one decision that you would have to make at some point. It is crucial that you get this decision right the first time, so as to make every visit to the bathroom a relaxing and comfortable one. Here are some things you should consider before choosing a one-piece toilet for your bathroom:
The size of your bathroom determines the size of the toilet you should buy. If you have a very spacious bathroom, the size of the toilet is of little consequence. When space is at a premium, however, it is very important to put the toilet size first. Aside from its fit, the size of the toilet also affects its portability and to a degree, how easy it is to clean.
Whichever toilet you decide to get, always remember that you will be stuck with it for several years. You should make sure, therefore, that the toilet you choose will be easy and comfortable to use. Different features affect how comfortable a toilet is. The height of the seat, how easy it is to use and clean, and the ease of installation are some of the things to consider.
Apart from the comfort offered by the toilet, one other essential thing to look at is the overall comfort in the bathroom. A toilet that fits perfectly into your bathroom increases the total comfort you get from using it.
There are many flushing system options on the market, so selecting the right one may prove to be a little tricky. It is reasonable to expect that some of these flushing systems are not as good as others. The minimum requirement though is that the toilet should be able to handle any waste.
The flushing system used by a toilet sometimes determines how efficient it is in disposing of waste. The G-Max, Double Cyclone, and the Siphonic Dual Flush systems are some of the most effective technologies on the market. Make sure you confirm the flushing ability of the toilet before purchasing it.
Your budget is one of the biggest determining factors if you want to purchase a one-piece toilet or not. No matter how good a fit a toilet is if the price is beyond your budget, there is no way to get it. Most people believe that the quality of a product is defined by its cost. While this may hold true sometimes, you can still get the perfect toilet at a reasonable price.
Many low-cost toilets are efficient and durable, so no matter what your budget is, you can get a toilet that fits right into your bathroom. Of course, this is not an issue if you plan to spare no cost, in which case you have to consider other factors first before making your decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
They are becoming more popular nowadays. They fit even in small bathrooms, are easy to clean, and look great. Check out these frequently asked questions about this type of toilet:
1. What are the advantages of one-piece toilets over two-piece toilets?
Some of the benefits you will get from using a one-piece over a two-piece toilet include:
- Installation – One-piece toilets are generally easier to install than two-piece toilets. This is mainly because they have fewer parts to install.
- Size – Most toilets are a bit smaller than two-piece toilets because of the compact nature of the single unit. This makes them excellent choices for small bathrooms.
- Cleaning – The skirted bowl that is featured in toilets covers many gaps that are found in standard toilets. These gaps are usually home to dirt, bacteria, and dust but the smooth surface of the one-piece toilet prevents their buildup.
- Durability – It is generally believed that the fewer the parts an equipment has, the easier it is to maintain and the higher the durability. One-piece toilets are basically one piece of ceramic, which means they have fewer elements exposed to moisture and other factors that may cause damage. This makes them generally more durable than two-piece toilets.
2. Is there any disadvantage in using a one-piece toilet?
One-piece toilets are preferred to two-piece toilets because of a number of reasons. However, there is one significant disadvantage that one-piece toilets have over two-piece toilets, and that is the price. One-piece toilets generally cost more than two-piece toilets because of their more robust construction. The durability and look of one-piece toilets also make them more expensive.
3. How can I properly take care of my one-piece toilet?
It is not enough to buy a toilet with the best available specifications, as without proper maintenance, it may not perform as well as expected. A toilet that is properly maintained will last longer than one that is not adequately maintained. It is essential that proper maintenance procedures be carried so that your toilet will remain in good condition for a long time. Some of the ways you can take care of your one-piece toilet include:
- Disinfect the toilet – It is vital that you disinfect your toilet regularly to stop any growth of bacteria. Many products can be used for disinfecting the toilet, and most of them are readily available.
- Prevent stains caused by hard water – Hard water is known to cause a stain on the surface of the toilet, so you should deal with the stain promptly. You can use vinegar to remove the stains.
- The buildup of calcium and lime – It is common to find an accumulation of lime and calcium on your toilet over time. This can affect the longevity of your toilet as it starts to affect the finish of the toilet. Get a cleaning product that will help remove this buildup of lime and calcium.
Selecting a toilet is not a decision you should rush into because the type of toilet you choose will define your long-term bathroom experience. You should put enough effort into getting the toilet that is most comfortable and fits best into your bathroom.
They are an excellent choice for a number of reasons. They are compact and small, making them suitable for small bathrooms. They are also easy to install and maintain. Using one of these toilets helps you save water and consequently save money on water bills. One-piece toilets are not without their flaws, but they remain a great choice especially when you consider the number of features you get.
If you are looking for a well-designed toilet that is compact and offers a comfortable experience, you should consider getting a one-piece toilet. You can expect that they are not of the same quality. You can start your search by checking out the toilets reviewed here; whichever model you choose, you can be sure of getting a one-piece toilet that doesn’t only look great in your bathroom but is easy and comfortable to use, too.