Most people believe that toilets are nothing more than mandatory fixtures in the bathroom, something they should have but isn’t too important, so they don’t put much thought into getting one. As a result, they end up with toilets that leak or crack after just a couple of years.
If you want something that you can use for a long time, get a top-of-the-line toilet for your bathroom to save yourself a lot of frustrations later on.
The Kohler Wellworth series is a high-quality line of products from Kohler, one of the leading brands in the bathroom fixture industry. It is a highly efficient toilet with a classic look, and you can be sure of getting value for your money if you buy it for your home.
We put this review together to help you make a choice on which toilet to buy. Take a look at the features in this Kohler Wellworth toilet review and see if it meets your needs.
|Product Dimensions:||36 x 24 x 24 inches|
|Flush Type:||Gravity Flush Toilets|
|Water Consumption:||1.6 GPF|
|Warranty Description:||One-year limited warranty|
Key Features of the KOHLER Wellworth Toilet
Material and Design
This two-piece toilet has a modern design that adds a classy look to your bathroom. It has an elongated bowl with a standard height, making using it a comfortable experience. The toilet has a standard 12-inch rough-in, so the installation process is straightforward. It has a 2-1⁄8-inch trapway, too, that reduces the risk of clogging.
This Kohler product only comes in white, though, so if your bathroom has a specific style, it may not fit. You also have to get the seat and lid separately. If you can look past these flaws, you will be getting a durable toilet.
The efficiency of the flushing technology used by a toilet determines how comfortable using it will be. After all, it can be frustrating if you have to flush more than once to get rid of waste. Needless to say, this can also affect the amount of water consumed by the toilet. A one-flush toilet uses less water than a toilet that has to be flushed multiple times.
The Class Five flushing technology used by this two-piece toilet is pretty powerful; one flush and the waste is gone. Its canister flush valve pushes water into the bowl from all sides, increasing the effectiveness of the flush and cleaning the interior of the bowl in the process.
Using this toilet, you can be sure of having a fast, clean, and efficient flushing action every time you use the toilet. It makes sense then that this toilet is ranked highly on most toilet reviews.
A very important factor to consider when shopping for a toilet is its water consumption. You would want a water-saving toilet, because the more water used per flush, the higher your water bills will be.
While this toilet does not save as much water as other models, it’s still considered a water-saver, using a standard 1.6 GPF (gallons of water per flush). With the powerful one-flush flushing system, there’s no need to worry about water wastage.
As with any furniture or home appliances, it is buying a bathroom fixture, such as the toilet should be done with quality in mind. Its modern design would fit into any bathroom style while its elongated bowl makes it a pretty comfortable toilet to use. Although the traditional seat height is not ADA approved, it still provides adequate comfort for you.
The toilet is a water saver, too, using only 1.6 GPF. Additionally, its powerful flushing system makes it an excellent choice for a water-efficient toilet. One significant flaw of using this toilet is the fact that it is not packaged with a seat, so you will have to buy it separately. Apart from this, the other impressive features make this Kohler product a top-quality toilet.
Things We Like
This toilet has many features that make it stand out from the competition. Some of these features include the following:
- This toilet has a modern look that adds to the aesthetic value of your bathroom.
- Although you will find toilets that consume less water on the market, the 1.6 GPF makes it an excellent water-saving option for you.
- The powerful Class Five flushing technology used by the toilet gives it a clean and efficient flush. This also helps in conserving water.
- The elongated bowl provides a comfortable experience.
- Out of the box, the tank bolts are pre-installed, making the installation process a breeze.
- The toilet features a 12-inch rough-in that makes the installation process straightforward and convenient.
Things We Don’t Like
This toilet is, no doubt, high quality, but there are things we do not like about it. Some flaws we have seen with this toilet include:
- The toilet seat is not included in the package, so you have to spend more to get it.
- Although the toilet has a comfortable seat height, it is not ADA approved, so it is not suitable for seniors as well as tall and handicapped people.
- The toilet gets clogged sometimes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How to install the Kohler Wellworth Toilet?
A. Being a two-piece toilet, you have to install the bowl first before fixing the tank. First, attach the closet bolts to the flange and slide it parallel to the wall. Invert the toilet bowl on the floor and set the wax ring around the flange. Ensure that the tapered end is facing the toilet.
Next, install the bowl on the flange, making sure that the bolts go through the mounting holes. Position the toilet correctly, then press it firmly on the flange and wax ring. Tighten the nuts, but make sure they are not too tight.
Fix the required rubber gasket to the bottom of the tank and lower it gently onto the bowl. Then secure the connection with nuts and washers. Connect the water supply, check for leaks, and you are good to go.
Q. What is the dimension and rough-in of this toilet?
A. This toilet has a height of 30 inches and a width of 18 inches. The rough-in is 12 inches, which is what you will find in most modern toilets. Overall, the simple dimensions are pretty basic.
Q. Kohler Wellworth Toilet Problems
A. If you decide to get this toilet for your bathroom, it is crucial that you are familiar with some of the issues that you may face with it. Some of these issues include:
- The fill valve may start to leak, which allows excess water to flow into the tank. The excess water then flows continuously into the bowl. This wastes water, increases your water bills, and makes your toilet less efficient.
- If the float device of your toilet is not correctly set, it may lead to the fill valve closing sooner than it should. This allows excess water to flow into the tank, thereby wasting water. You can fix this by adjusting the float device.
- The flush valve of your toilet may also start to leak after some time. This leads to water wastage, as water begins to trickle into the bowl from the tank. However, this does not affect the flushing system of your toilet.
This Kohler toilet is a high-quality toilet that gives your bathroom a classy look. It does an excellent job of saving water, as it also has a powerful flushing system that removes the need for flushing multiple times.
One thought is that it is not packaged with the seat. Since you have to buy it separately, it increases the cost of installing this toilet. Despite its flaws, however, the Kohler Wellworth Toilet’s great features and affordability make it popular among users.